Fiji cube reviews

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any input on Fiji cube aquariums? Looking at getting their 81g 36*24*22.5 tank, with the center overflow. Just looking for input on quality and design. They are local to me so could get it with no shipping as well, plus they are on sale now too .

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of their sumps, and very happy with it. All the details and options I could want and is really well built. My only complaint was that it was all wrapped in so much plastic... Every. Single. Bit. Most of which could have been done with something more recyclable or renewable.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i ordered a 81g EXT last week from them . so far the communication via facebook was good and i liked the fact that they offer 18 month warranty.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dantimdad just bought a ton of tanks for his lfs from them. He should be able to chime in on quality and I think he has pics to show it as well.

edit: he will also give an unbiased opinion too

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dantimdad just bought a ton of tanks for his lfs from them. He should be able to chime in on quality and I think he has pics to show it as well.

edit: he will also give an unbiased opinion too
Thank you! The other brands I've been looking at are planet aquariums and sc aquariums, but fiji cube is nice because it's local.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my 81g EXT Fiji Cube. I bought the set (aquarium, sump and stand).
I second xiaoxly as his posts convinced me to buy the same tank. BTW Xiaoxiy where is your build feed again I need refugium ideas. Mine is cycling and should be able to start my build posts soon!

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second xiaoxly as his posts convinced me to buy the same tank. BTW Xiaoxiy where is your build feed again I need refugium ideas. Mine is cycling and should be able to start my build posts soon!
Thanks Mppp, I'm actually going to pick my 81g int tomorrow! I got my sump and equipment all set up this weekend, just need the tank and to get my stand built!

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mppp, I'm actually going to pick my 81g int tomorrow! I got my sump and equipment all set up this weekend, just need the tank and to get my stand built!

Nice and good luck. I look forward to seeing your stand and may I ask what sump you are going with? (Not a fijicube sump I assume)

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and good luck. I look forward to seeing your stand and may I ask what sump you are going with? (Not a fijicube sump I assume)
I went with the trigger, Triton v2 cube, a redseas 300 skimmer, and a kessil h80
IMG_20200320_191826.jpg

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the trigger, Triton v2 cube, a redseas 300 skimmer, and a kessil h80
IMG_20200320_191826.jpg
Sharp so are you putting refugium in same chamber as filter socks or is there a separate chamber I can't see? I'm new to sump world been out of hobby for 20 years almost so apologies if stupid question.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharp so are you putting refugium in same chamber as filter socks or is there a separate chamber I can't see? I'm new to sump world been out of hobby for 20 years almost so apologies if stupid question.
Yea the refugium will go in the same area as the socks, I like the idea of having the space for a large refugium. I think it is around a 9 gallon refugium in this model. The return pump will sit in the chamber behind the skimmer which you can't really see.

Saltysav96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank came in scratched up.
They sent me a replacement.
Replacement came in with a busted pallet and crate barley together and tank had a poor silicone job.
Im very disappointed. Im waiting to see what they are going to do.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replacement came in with a busted pallet and crate barley together and tank had a poor silicone job.

Ughh sorry to hear this. What was wrong with silicone job exactly as I'm still learning on these rimless tanks?

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang sorry to hear that! I got to stop in their warehouse and check out the tanks and they all seemed top notch to me and the owners seem like really good people! Hopefully you get it resolved.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not running a refugium in my system right now because I run a pretty low bioload (2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 PJ cardinal, 1 yellow damsel). The middle chamber is a cryptic zone, and I have my skimmer in third section. I run a pretty small skimmer (IceCap K250) which fits perfectly in it.
IMG_3238.JPG

That blows dude :(.

For those who are curious, I still really like my FIJI cube.
IMG_3270.JPG

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not running a refugium in my system right now because I run a pretty low bioload (2 clowns, 2 chromis, 1 PJ cardinal, 1 yellow damsel). The middle chamber is a cryptic zone, and I have my skimmer in third section. I run a pretty small skimmer (IceCap K250) which fits perfectly in it.
IMG_3238.JPG

That blows dude :(.

For those who are curious, I still really like my FIJI cube.
IMG_3270.JPG

I'll have a pretty small bio load myself so perhaps I'll do the same and hold off on refugium for now. Yeah I think I remember you upgraded your sump to 24 from 20 which was smart I wish I would have done the same as there's no way my skimmer will fit in smaller compartment.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have a pretty small bio load myself so perhaps I'll do the same and hold off on refugium for now. Yeah I think I remember you upgraded your sump to 24 from 20 which was smart I wish I would have done the same as there's no way my skimmer will fit in smaller compartment.
One reason I went with no refugium is because light spill from a refugium tends to make algae grow on other equipment, increasing maintenance. My goal for the tank so far is to have the lowest-maintenance setup.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back