Filling the Cell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When filling the cell for tests that don’t call for exact amount like Ca, how much do you fill the cell? All the way to the brim or just above the etched line on the inside? I have looked at the videos and when they fill it for tests you can see they dump a bit out. It would be nice if they said like 4mls of water per test then the results would be more consistent. @eXact iDip®

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the marine starter kit comes with a 5ml syringe. so maybe that amount. i dont know for sure. anyone test phosphate or ALK? did you like the results? thanks in advance

Last edited:

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When filling the cell for tests that don’t call for exact amount like Ca, how much do you fill the cell? All the way to the brim or just above the etched line on the inside? I have looked at the videos and when they fill it for tests you can see they dump a bit out. It would be nice if they said like 4mls of water per test then the results would be more consistent. @eXact iDip®

Thanks for the feedback, it's always to helpful. I see what you mean in the video. This one, right?:

In the video he pours some out because it's overflowing a bit. Sometimes when you fill the cell, a small water dome/bubble will form at the top, that let's you know it's overfilled. One simple way to fix that is to take the black cell cover and swipe the flat side over the cell. You want the water to fill the cell to the top (flat across), but you don't want it to overflow.

Hope this helps!

As far as our other tests, using the provided instructions (fill to top, 3.8mls, pour 2mls out) will give you accurate results.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back