Filter Sock Washing Machine w/RODI hookup

FishGeist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a search for this and not much came up.

Problem: Filter socks not all that clean. High TDS using the tap water and rinse/spin cycle not good enough to clean filter socks IMHO.

Solution: Bypass the good old home washing machine/bleach and use a small 2 or 1 chamber RV clothing washer for cleaning filter socks w/bleach.

Procedure: Hook up the John Guies fittings from the RO/DI to the small RV washing machine water inlet using adapters/booster pump.

Caveat: Machine will take forever to fill up using the RO/DI water even with a booster pump.

Solution: Find a RV washing machine that will work for this setup even if it takes forever/overnight.

Has anyone done this?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting idea. If a home washing machine is not getting the socks very clean, I'd be concerned about the RV washer doing even worse...

Rather than direct pluming to the RODI, I'd probably opt to fill a couple of jugs/buckets with RODI the day before running the load and just fill the machine from those to save time (a washer will probably time out and shut off long before it fills with RODI via direct feed). Or, if you have a large storage container for RODI, maybe you could pump direct from that to the washer?

When I wash socks in my regular washing machine, I always soak/rinse them in a bucket of RODI before I set them out to dry. Never had any significant issues this way.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back