Filtration

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 50g with mostly zoas & lps. with only a 20g fuge, not even a filter sock or pre filter of any kind. just wondering what others have or if you guys have any suggestions.

steelmen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was wondering the same thing. I have an 18h with an aquaclear filter hob, and an Aquac skimmer. I'd like to remove both, and get an Ecosystem hob refugium as my filtration. Any thoughts on going with the refugium only?

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my 55, I have an AquaC Remora Pro skimmer (I don't recommend it) and a CPR AquaFuge II refugium. I run carbon in a media bag in the output of the skimmer.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much room do you have to work with for additional hardware? Also, it would be helpful to have a budget of some kind in mind. Once i have that, id be happy to make a few recommendations.

A picture would be priceless, if you have one available.

reefermadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a fluidized reactor from MRC. I beleive its the 602....It has made a real difference. Everything is very happy and colors look much better. I have single poly zoas that are popping up from the brink of death. The water looks like glass...I am more than happy with the product.

It holds about 7lbs of food grade carbon.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
AquaC Remora

On my 55, I have an AquaC Remora Pro skimmer (I don't recommend it) and a CPR AquaFuge II refugium. I run carbon in a media bag in the output of the skimmer.
I have a AquaC Remora and its a great skimmer. It pulls better than and other hang on skimmer I have seen.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back