Final Stocking List for the 125...I think...with a few concerns.

SaltyDog67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my last thread I had possible stocking options on a select group of fish, but have since revamped my list after seeking advice here from fellow hobbyist. Thanks for all the input, you guys are great and helped me to avoid a few headaches down the road! Hopefully I can make the new list work without any problems, but I want to get some input on the revised list if anyone has experience keeping any combination of these species together. Tank will have some leathers and soft corals as noted before. Thanks in Advance!

Maroon Clown with BTA
Marine Beta
Australian Harlequin Tusk
Dragon Wrasse
Humu Picasso Trigger

May consider a smaller Tang once tank is well established to help control algae since a CUC will be virtually impossible with the Tusk, Wrasse, and Trigger.

One of my concerns is the Marine Beta...I was planning to add him first so he can get established and claim his territory fist since he is less boisterous than the others, but will he be able to stand up to the Trigger, Tusk, and the Wrasse in the long run or will they even bother him since he's so reclusive?

Concern number 2: Even though the Tusk looks mean and scary, he's known to be pretty passive from what I've discovered, so I figured he would be the 2nd fish in the tank so he can establish territory early on. From what I've read, he will probably come in at 5" or better as that seems to be the common shipping size from Australia, and that should help him size wise before the trigger goes in and will be smaller.

Concern number 3: I plan on getting a juvenile Dragon Wrasse and introducing him in the tank 3rd, but will the size of the Beta and Tusk be too intimidating for the juvenile to acclimate and accept food? Definitely not worried about him after he grows out of the juvenile stage and know he will be redecorating any loose rocks around the tank along with the trigger, but want to make sure he wont get bullied when introduced and starve to death.

Any thoughts or info on my somewhat final stocking list is appreciated!
125 Predator Tank.jpg

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be a nice tank, my only concern is the tusk vs the dragon. Harlequin tusk look menacing but are not, BUT are notorious wrasse killers. I seen several examples of a tusk never allowing another wrasse in the tank. The betta is all likeluhood will not be bothered, A picasso and betta are a common combo.

OP
OP
SaltyDog67

SaltyDog67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Here I was thinking the Dragon would end up harassing the Tusk after he got out of the juvenile stage. Should I put the Dragon in before the Tusk so he can get established...especially since the Tusk will more than likely be larger? At least that way he's already in and established before the Tusk makes an appearance and starts staking out territory.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a tough call, Ive conseeded to the thought of that a tusk would be the only wrasse. You may want to ask this question in the fish forum for a bit more traffic and specific expertise.

OP
OP
SaltyDog67

SaltyDog67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Thanks again for sharing your knowledge! Will probably pick your brain again on a smaller Tang once the tank is established. I was thinking Scopas, Sailfin, Convict, Atlantic Blue, or Purple Tang. Never had a Tang before so I don't know what would be the hardiest of the bunch and get along best with the other tank mates.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back