Finally did it!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I was wondering if I could paint with water in it but I'm definitely going black. And more rock is coming. Probably stay at 20 thought I don't want it to look too cluttered
I have done 2 tanks with water in it and fish, corals, and invertebrates. Just put saran wrap tight over the lid. Takes about 40m per coat with that paint. Run a fan on it. 5hrs it will be done. Black will pop the colors in the tank better.

LIreefguy106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are hardy (yet territorial). If you choose clown now then you'll have a hard time adding another clown later. Do all your clowns at once, talking from experience, they'll fight and you'll be left with none.

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are hardy (yet territorial). If you choose clown now then you'll have a hard time adding another clown later. Do all your clowns at once, talking from experience, they'll fight and you'll be left with none.
I'd like to just get the two from there I'm undecided and really not in a hurry to fill the tank

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are fun fish. Just a heads up on some of them like the Maroon Clowns. They can be very aggressive towards other fish and if you have a pair. The female when she gets big. She gets BIG. hahaha

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are fun fish. Just a heads up on some of them like the Maroon Clowns. They can be very aggressive towards other fish and if you have a pair. The female when she gets big. She gets BIG. hahaha
So do all clowns like anemones or is it just certain combos

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need lights first. T5s I would recommend. Plug and play. Use ATI BLUE PLUS & CORAL PLUS for bulbs. Had this after 3 months when I had a 20g with those 2 bulbs on a Solarmax T5 HO.

20161115_204454.jpg

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need lights first. T5s I would recommend. Plug and play. Use ATI BLUE PLUS & CORAL PLUS for bulbs. Had this after 3 months when I had a 20g with those 2 bulbs on a Solarmax T5 HO.

20161115_204454.jpg
I love the way they look in blue lights. So lights will be my first upgrade

LIreefguy106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check this out. Pricing varies depending on your preference. (Color, customization, type of coral you want to grow)

Johniejumbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3076.JPG
Hey! I have a 36g bowfront myself. I put it together on the cheep lol. It's a simple tank. Filstar xp2 filter, ehim surface skimmer 350, current orbit marine led light. I house two clowns(one black percula and one mix breed ocelaris x percula) a yellow watchman goby, star polyps, Xenia, red mushrooms, a tiny plate coral, and a cespitularia. It's a work in progress but a great little tank.

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want a hanging fixture or leg mounts? Keep in mind there is a lot of things that can effect your access to the inside of your tank and do you want to run an open top. Personally I had a fish jump on the floor aka carpet surfing. If you get attached to a fish and hate beating yourself up over a personal mistake. Tight glass lid. I am guessing your hood has a plastic front to open. Then an acrylic space for your fixture now. Then spots perforated to pop plastic for equipment to fit in and you are just looking for a fixture to lay on top of the acrylic part and be done with it and you want to spend between $100-200?

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want a hanging fixture or leg mounts? Keep in mind there is a lot of things that can effect your access to the inside of your tank and do you want to run an open top. Personally I had a fish jump on the floor aka carpet surfing. If you get attached to a fish and hate beating yourself up over a personal mistake. Tight glass lid. I am guessing your hood has a plastic front to open. Then an acrylic space for your fixture now. Then spots perforated to pop plastic for equipment to fit in and you are just looking for a fixture to lay on top of the acrylic part and be done with it and you want to spend between $100-200?
Probably accurate

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back