Finally did it!

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquaticlife fixture also but with 4 T5 bulbs and 2 HQI metal halide bulbs. ATI T5 bulbs are awesome and so are Giesemann T5 bulbs. I have used both and giesemann are what I use now.

Mr Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is from a month ago. May I suggest you look past the algae? The neon birds nest and hammer to the left were only two months old at this point. Everything else was pretty much a month old to this tank.

For bulbs, I would've gone with the blue+ as others suggested instead of purple, but the wife didn't like all the blue. If you go ati, the aquablue special will wash out all of the colors in your tank.

IMG_1141.JPG

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is from a month ago. May I suggest you look past the algae? The neon birds nest and hammer to the left were only two months old at this point. Everything else was pretty much a month old to this tank.

For bulbs, I would've gone with the blue+ as others suggested instead of purple, but the wife didn't like all the blue. If you go ati, the aquablue special will wash out all of the colors in your tank.

IMG_1141.JPG
+1 about aqua blue special.
The best spectrum are in the coral+ blue+ & actinic. I will honestly say that actinic leaves a muddy purple line down the LR. Not a fan, but it is on there for the health of it. The peak of nM is huge for chlorophylls A&B Than from Tidal Garden said in the video of comparing ATI T5s. So I went with it. I figured why not. That is less Reefroids needed =less bioload.

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is the day. My water is perfect and my ph is right. As long as my ph stays the same until tomorrow then I get to put something in my tank that moves!

Mr Hughes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to ruin the good vibes, but I would hold off another week just to make sure you're through the cycle.

LIreefguy106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you have a lot of potential. Personally I like the see thru look. If you remove the equipment underneath into a sump it will look really elegant. I bought mine painted black in the back and looking back I wish it was clear glass. More maintenance in scrubbing the algae though. The lfs by me has only see through tanks and it looks right out of a reef in the ocean

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move them but I don't have a sump right now. And don't hate me but I got three green chromis two days ago. But they are doing just fine and seem quite happy in there new home.
0ecb3c6f90443c02ec1299c77ae24348.jpg

Fish Werx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, congrats on the new tank! This is a very rewarding hobby, for the whole family! Just one word of caution. And I wish I would have taken heed when I was just starting out when people told me this. Take it slow.... This is a hobby of months and years, not minutes and days! Haha!
Dont worry, before you know it you will have a fully stocked tank and be looking to frag pieces and trade with fellow hobbyists! But just take your time and learn all you can!
Welcome to the forum and the hobby!

OP
OP
Little.big.bro

Little.big.bro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update on the tank. She is coming in nicely and we have some new additions. So far we have 2 chromis a yellow watchman goby and a firefish. There are also 2 emerald crabs roaming around doing the dirty work. It's been slow goes but I like where it's headed. Next is some more rock and upgraded lights.
fe2d8c8cde756adec49d4bd5617e9c01.jpg
9de63e2d8af1ac31ba5a321686f3ab9d.jpg
0f2afc2003580bca6465a3fb07f1d0ee.jpg
dd7e5403b1f73ea24850ed2ee7f46599.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back