Finally got around to signing up here

Viciousrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly new here lol, finally got my chance at making a salt water aquarium set up and so I have been ending up here on various searches when I ran Into problems. Please point me to the right area to make posts about my current issues lol, the main one now is I am working to reduce my at first very high lvls of nitrates after lots of buying things, water changes, etc. still only band aids for the issue. Even done a 90% change and they were still too high (test kit I have doesnt use numbers) so I am fairly sure it's the water source, city water for me, so I dont really know a safe way for me to fix this but I did buy some de*nitrate rocks and that helped massively, but I still have the issue of my tank not being clear i.e its green right now

When I know the right place to post I will go into more detail but now I have only one damsel and one emerald crab and a "black" supposed to be blue hermit crab. Just added some copepods and more live rock plus some cheato algae and what was marked as turtle grass shoots in the Hope's to work on this

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
Wtr2r19.gif

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard!
We are happy to have you here addy R2R.

You can post in the general forum. The community will do our best to help you and point you in the right direction.
Be prepared to answer a bunch of questions but the answers you provide will help us help you AND you will learn a LOT along the way.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back