Finally got one after many years, a Pink Streaked Wrasse!

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2023 is starting off on a High Note! After many years, I've finally found a Pink Streaked Wrasse. From being Seasonal to there being an absence of them during Covid I believe from 2020 to 2021, my LFS got one in last week and surprisingly this guy didn't sell (they usually sell in the first day) (i walked past it too at first before noticing it). It was hiding really well in the tank (I'm guessing why people might've missed it) since there was a Six Line in there that could've been bullying it.
Always wanted one of these since they're not only colorful, but also a lot more peaceful than a Six Line and eat pests.
LFS also got in a Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse that's also been on my bucketlist, but once I saw this guy, I knew who to choose.

He now lives in my Macroalgae Tank with the Helfrichi (still doing very well if you saw the other thread), along with some Captive Bred Eviota & Trimma Gobies. Once he's settled in, he should be out and about!

Camera: Sony A6100
Lens: Sony 90mm Macro

DSC05428.JPG
DSC05455.JPG
DSC05430.JPG
DSC05452.JPG

Dorsal Spines + Tail
20230108_132132.jpg
DSC05414.JPG

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think your favorite fish!

Here’s mine btw:
1673280972403.jpeg

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think your influence is spreading!

Here’s mine btw:
Absolutely love my trio!
I’m planning to hunt a pair of another fish by the way ;)

Here’s an old photo of my trio whilst in acclimation - they’re tiny! They are trochus snails that they’re in the bucket with.
1AE61D99-27D7-42B7-B1AA-61499FC07159.jpeg

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on finally getting the fish, the pictures of it are really good!
Thank you
Nice! Do you know where your LFS got him from? I've been looking for one for a long time and they never seem to be in stock.
Unfortunately I don't know the source, they just have it listed as "Mixed Wholesale"

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Do you know where your LFS got him from? I've been looking for one for a long time and they never seem to be in stock.
You will likely find this is because they are currently out of season - In the article above I mention them being a seasonal fish and go slightly more indepth about when the best time to find these guys is.
In short you will likely have better chances from late February until early April and late August to Early October.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2023 is starting off on a High Note! After many years, I've finally found a Pink Streaked Wrasse. From being Seasonal to there being an absence of them during Covid I believe from 2020 to 2021, my LFS got one in last week and surprisingly this guy didn't sell (they usually sell in the first day) (i walked past it too at first before noticing it). It was hiding really well in the tank (I'm guessing why people might've missed it) since there was a Six Line in there that could've been bullying it.
Always wanted one of these since they're not only colorful, but also a lot more peaceful than a Six Line and eat pests.
LFS also got in a Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse that's also been on my bucketlist, but once I saw this guy, I knew who to choose.

He now lives in my Macroalgae Tank with the Helfrichi (still doing very well if you saw the other thread), along with some Captive Bred Eviota & Trimma Gobies. Once he's settled in, he should be out and about!

Camera: Sony A6100
Lens: Sony 90mm Macro

DSC05428.JPG
DSC05455.JPG
DSC05430.JPG
DSC05452.JPG

Dorsal Spines + Tail
20230108_132132.jpg
DSC05414.JPG
Amazing! Congrats! I want to add one here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back