OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep up the GREAT work. I envy the reefers who choose a smaller tank as it is much harder than a larger tank to be successful. People think that a smaller thank is easier, but in reality it is much harder to keep everything stable.
Agree small tanks are way tougher to keep stable. Great job on the reef so far!! Keep the pictures coming.
Thank you guys! I would never have done such a small tank if I didnt have a ton of advanced freshwater experience beforehand and if I wasn't limited by the regulations of my apartment! Once I move I'm setting up a bigger tank so I can breathe a little easier! It's been a real challenge and I'm still trying to get the hang of this thing.

This is the tank now. The rock in the center was home to the birdsnest and green monti that didn't do so well in my tank. I'm debating trying to get one of my existing corals to spread there, or putting something like more varieties of zoa, or maybe try an LPS. Any thoughts?
92704384_894153614357977_938876719874441216_n.jpg

OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that rock too close to the other corals for a euphyllia? I love the look of them but suspect it would just kill off the corals around it in such a small tank.

OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... Divers Den had a pink streaked wrasse and I just couldn't resist. I got it along with an aquacultured Ultra Goniastrea (to put me above the free shipping mark). Both arrived today and appear to be in solid shape and are currently acclimating.

Pics from DD:
lg-0422201-250 (1).jpg
lg-032320-071a.jpg

OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the coral and fish are in the tank now. I put the coral in the bottom front of the tank so I can keep an eye on him and let him adjust to the light, but once he settles I'll move him up to the central most point below my light.

The wrasse was alive as of a few hours ago but has since disappeared into the rocks. I'm hoping he gets comfortable soon; I don't want to be guessing if he's still alive when the Live Aquaria guarantee is up!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back