Finally Set up the Apex

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question. So my Kessils keep flashing white every 10 minutes out of nowhere. Even when they are on. The blue will flash white for a quick second. Is this due to the firmware? I have it programed on a ramp schedule if you go on my var you can see the schedule.

I'm guessing it's the firmware or the beta. I don't have day time problems but when I keep the tank up late with the slide bar percentages my lights flash to 100% every five minutes or so.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I don't know if you saw it but my tank is this months spotlight tank. There are a lot of system details if your interested

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396499402.188618.jpg
This is my set up right here. Only a 55 corner reef.

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wanna give an update. If you are still having issues updating firmware. If you are using a mac. i just found out you do NOT need to disable Wi-Fi. It took less than a minute to update leaving everything plugged in the way it was. All my settings are still in tact. :)

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can i program "weather" settings on a Virtual port and enable it on and off at any time i choose?

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can i program "weather" settings on a Virtual port and enable it on and off at any time i choose?

Great looking tank.

I set mine up with a ramp up and down labled clouds and clouds2 and storm at the max. Each of those is set up to come on one day a week at a set time in sequence for about a 12 minute storm. When each of these comes on, a pump and my lights do a set profile to create the desired effect.

For example; When clouds comes on, all of my powerheads start at 20% and ramp up to 100%. My lights go from 90% down to 10%. this cycle takes five minutes.
Then; Storm starts. My powerheads stay at 100% and my lights flash in a pathetic make shift lightening storm for three minutes. Remember, I have four channels of lighting dimmers. This can still be done with just a single blue and single white. If you take a look through my tank thread there is a shortened video of my storm sequence.
Finally; clouds2 starts and the in the reverse order of clouds the powerheads slow down, the lights brighten back up and then the tank returns to normal mode.

I can manually turn on Storm at any time, my lights will flash and the powerheads will immediately go to 100%. The fish could care less about the tank doing this. I've never seen any stressed out about flashing lights. My wife turning on the laundry room light at 4:00A.M is another story.

inkedsparkster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed, I am almost complete with getting my setup all mounted to the back of my stand and all the wiring ran. When I go to set it up I know where to come if I have any issues. Or know where to start reading. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank.

I set mine up with a ramp up and down labled clouds and clouds2 and storm at the max. Each of those is set up to come on one day a week at a set time in sequence for about a 12 minute storm. When each of these comes on, a pump and my lights do a set profile to create the desired effect.

For example; When clouds comes on, all of my powerheads start at 20% and ramp up to 100%. My lights go from 90% down to 10%. this cycle takes five minutes.
Then; Storm starts. My powerheads stay at 100% and my lights flash in a pathetic make shift lightening storm for three minutes. Remember, I have four channels of lighting dimmers. This can still be done with just a single blue and single white. If you take a look through my tank thread there is a shortened video of my storm sequence.
Finally; clouds2 starts and the in the reverse order of clouds the powerheads slow down, the lights brighten back up and then the tank returns to normal mode.

I can manually turn on Storm at any time, my lights will flash and the powerheads will immediately go to 100%. The fish could care less about the tank doing this. I've never seen any stressed out about flashing lights. My wife turning on the laundry room light at 4:00A.M is another story.

Thanks brother. Can you see my var settings for my kessil? Im trying to figure out where to incorporate that manually so that i can turn it off and on thru my phone.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a switch on the breakout box (the same way I explained with the magnetic sensor). Then program your virtual weather outlet to be on when the switch is on, off when the switch is off....PRESTO you have weather at your fingertips

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the difference between the lab grade ORP probe and the standard? besides being $40 difference. Doesnt really specify on the descriptions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back