Finally Set up the Apex

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats the difference between the lab grade ORP probe and the standard? besides being $40 difference. Doesnt really specify on the descriptions.

Accuracy and longevity from what I have heard.

I'll take a look at your programming more closely tomorrow.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, for anyone interested. If you need to rename your profiles. The new name will automatically update in the outlet programming. I get confused when I look at Dtech's program for example because I don't know what PF1, PF2, and so on does without doing a lot of research into his programming. If you want to make it easier for others to borrow your ideas and possibly help troubleshoot, its not an bad idea to label them with names that describe their job.

You can also relabel your outlets as long as they aren't linked to other outlets in the programming. Virtual outlets usually are linked to other outlets for example.

Last edited:

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D it was setting it up logged in and it asked me to link with my token. I'm not getting one for some reason. I don't think the apex is reaching the fusion server to get a token

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 3b14 version firmware. After I updated the firmware pre beta version it showed a token but stopped after awhile. Maybe it's the new fios router. I thought the fusion was going to make it so you don't have to mess with router settings.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on apex forum going to give it a try.

Undoubtedly Apex Fusion will make connecting to your controller outside your home network easier, but to be able to do that your network settings in your controller must be correct (or we need to tweak them to play nice.) Here a couple of quick tips if you are having a "Fusion Communication Error":

Your default gateway in your Apex network setup must match the IP address of your router. In your network setup if the default gateway says 192.168.1.1, then you should be able to enter http://192.168.1.1 and receive the login prompt on your router. If you do not, then you need to change the Apex's settings to reflect your router's IP address, update setting and restart your Apex after doing so.
Via the Web Server: Configuration> Network Setup
Via the Display Screen: System> Netsetup> Gateway
If your default gateway is correct, then we may need to change your DNS servers in your network configuration. Change your Primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and your Secondary DNS server to 4.2.2.1, update settings, and restart your Apex after doing so.
Via the Web Server: Configuration> Network Setup
Via the Display Screen: System> Netsetup>DNS Server/Alt DNS Server
Finally make sure your running the latest FW which was found in your invite email and here:

Firmware 4.31_3B14

After running through these trouble shooting tips you should be able to get a "link" token to connect your Apex to your Apex Fusion account. Of course if you continue to have trouble please ask questions in the forum or contact Neptune Systems Support.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I'm a big dummy. But I guess anyone could miss something so simple. The instructions should have said make sure to turn on enable apex fusion and connection. I did still enter the DNS settings as in instructions.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I guess anyone could miss something so simple.
It took me more than one try to get hooked up with fusion. Glad you have it working.

NOW If I could only get Todd (TJ) to link up his apex I can go on vacation with a certified tank sitter up the street with access to my tank control. And vise versa.

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny you say that he texted me earlier and said that he should get in gear and get his hooked up because we do. Lol

I told him to go buy the darn wireless access point already.

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break Out box Finally came in
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397117761.872960.jpg

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Trido. where that link you sent me to connect my Jebaos to Breakout box?

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright fellas. Might be going a little over board but i love my reef so much i got a dropcam for it lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397205186.417182.jpg

OP
OP
ryecoon

ryecoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright fellas. Might be going a little over board but i love my reef so much i got a dropcam for it lol

Back