Finished bleaching rocks now what?????

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I finished bleaching my rocks (sat in 1:10g bleach for a week.)

Now I:
1-dumped buckets
2-washed rock under tap water
3-put rocks back in buckets
4-put RO water in buckets

Now I am on step 5 (water conditioner) how much do I add???

I bought Aquarium Solution Ultimate, how much do I add to get rid of bleach???

image.jpg image.jpg

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you could add about double the dosage, and smell the bucket every day, redosing when you smell bleach...

But it’s a lot easier to just put the rocks in a sunny spot and let them dry out for a week or two instead.

OP
OP
Brady4000

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you could add about double the dosage, and smell the bucket every day, redosing when you smell bleach...

But it’s a lot easier to just put the rocks in a sunny spot and let them dry out for a week or two instead.

I can’t seem to find any information how much to add, other than a “ Hefty“ amount, and I am guessing the instructions on the back are for an aquarium not getting rid of bleach.

Seems like a good start, did you try this? I also have chlorine test strips to make sure. Was hoping I could get rid of this in 24hrs (I wanna start building lol)

bsagea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach will dissipate on it's own. When I bleach my rock, I then let it soak in freshwater for about a week changing the water every couple of days. I then put the rock out in the sun for a week or two to dry out. I rinse again in saltwater (extra water after a water change) or RODI before putting it back in the tank. I have never added any conditioner to them and have never had an issue.
bsa

left74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach will dissipate on it's own. When I bleach my rock, I then let it soak in freshwater for about a week changing the water every couple of days. I then put the rock out in the sun for a week or two to dry out. I rinse again in saltwater (extra water after a water change) or RODI before putting it back in the tank. I have never added any conditioner to them and have never had an issue.
bsa
THIS
emoji_u261d_1f3fb.png

OP
OP
Brady4000

Brady4000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double dosage soak for 24 hours. Let them dry out in a sunny spot for 3-4 days after and you will be fine. Bleach gases off as it dries.

Thanks! I’ll try this route.

Get a fresh water chlorine test and test the rodi water the rock is in.

This is what I plan on doing after conditioning it.

Appreciate all the help!!!!! And the fast responses!!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back