Finnex 30

masterbuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2007
Messages
74
Reaction score
42
Location
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been here since 2007 as a lurker. Thanks to everyone here for the valuable info I have gained from people that actually post, unlike me. So, I decided that I should end my silence and add my little nano to the collection here. I have a very simple but modded Finnex 30G with a Aqauctinics TX5 light. I run 3 MJ900’s but no other equipment, skimmers, sumps etc. So far this has worked out well for me. Been up and running for 14 months and now I have decided to rearrange things. Going for a slightly more minimalist look with less rock and more open space. The rock wall is out, thought it would give a more 3D look but it did just the opposite too my eye, ending up looking quite two dimensional …just like the name implies....a “Rock Wall”....blah. Will replace it with a black acrylic panel that can be removed/replaced for cleaning (no coraline allowed). Some corals will be leaving too, will end up keeping all the Acans and a few other select LPS. Adding a Monti Cap tower in the left rear section, in place of that pile of rocks. Will update as things change.

Mark
Last FTS before this soon becomes my old look:
07_26_09.jpg


Homemade Stand and Canopy
Finnex_FTS_07_06_08.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new