Firdt time / long time

sham_mi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I'm steve in Michigan. Been freshwater forever (and still learning) started saltwater a year ago and now I'm looking to next step. Started with a rimless 60 gallon cube, cannister filter and HOB skimmer.. Read a lot before starting and it was clear... this is not a cheap hobby so I treid to cheap my way in...HA! As if that can happen
So a year later and fighting ph and nitrate algea.. and other challenges when you have a rigged set up. I have decided to move up. So looking at tanks and sumps etc.. I will probably start asking for different things. And I know how it goes... if I ask for an opinion I can get 10 and they may all be different. Thinking I might start or use this string to document my process and progress.
So first poll I will ask... I have looked at tanks and was leaning waterbox or innovative marine. Innovative has a decent price on 150 EXT complete.. I think that may be my base building block. Anyone have any input on innovative tanks? INT vs EXT? I definitely want sump and not an AIO.
Thanks all

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I'm steve in Michigan. Been freshwater forever (and still learning) started saltwater a year ago and now I'm looking to next step. Started with a rimless 60 gallon cube, cannister filter and HOB skimmer.. Read a lot before starting and it was clear... this is not a cheap hobby so I treid to cheap my way in...HA! As if that can happen
So a year later and fighting ph and nitrate algea.. and other challenges when you have a rigged set up. I have decided to move up. So looking at tanks and sumps etc.. I will probably start asking for different things. And I know how it goes... if I ask for an opinion I can get 10 and they may all be different. Thinking I might start or use this string to document my process and progress.
So first poll I will ask... I have looked at tanks and was leaning waterbox or innovative marine. Innovative has a decent price on 150 EXT complete.. I think that may be my base building block. Anyone have any input on innovative tanks? INT vs EXT? I definitely want sump and not an AIO.
Thanks all
Welcome to r2r!

Back