Firdt time / long time

SumpinFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2024
Messages
75
Reaction score
79
Location
Troy, Mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I'm steve in Michigan. Been freshwater forever (and still learning) started saltwater a year ago and now I'm looking to next step. Started with a rimless 60 gallon cube, cannister filter and HOB skimmer.. Read a lot before starting and it was clear... this is not a cheap hobby so I treid to cheap my way in...HA! As if that can happen
So a year later and fighting ph and nitrate algea.. and other challenges when you have a rigged set up. I have decided to move up. So looking at tanks and sumps etc.. I will probably start asking for different things. And I know how it goes... if I ask for an opinion I can get 10 and they may all be different. Thinking I might start or use this string to document my process and progress.
So first poll I will ask... I have looked at tanks and was leaning waterbox or innovative marine. Innovative has a decent price on 150 EXT complete.. I think that may be my base building block. Anyone have any input on innovative tanks? INT vs EXT? I definitely want sump and not an AIO.
Thanks all
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 
Hey there, I'm steve in Michigan. Been freshwater forever (and still learning) started saltwater a year ago and now I'm looking to next step. Started with a rimless 60 gallon cube, cannister filter and HOB skimmer.. Read a lot before starting and it was clear... this is not a cheap hobby so I treid to cheap my way in...HA! As if that can happen
So a year later and fighting ph and nitrate algea.. and other challenges when you have a rigged set up. I have decided to move up. So looking at tanks and sumps etc.. I will probably start asking for different things. And I know how it goes... if I ask for an opinion I can get 10 and they may all be different. Thinking I might start or use this string to document my process and progress.
So first poll I will ask... I have looked at tanks and was leaning waterbox or innovative marine. Innovative has a decent price on 150 EXT complete.. I think that may be my base building block. Anyone have any input on innovative tanks? INT vs EXT? I definitely want sump and not an AIO.
Thanks all
Welcome to r2r!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new