First Casualty

jmi_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right after I introduced myself to the forum I came home to find my Royal Gamma chewed up by the hermit crabs.

The past week he was doing fine. Very sociable, eating and he was everywhere in the tank. He does like to hide but he was coming out more often.

The only roommate’s he had are two Percula’s.

The past two days I did noticed him acting strange. He was curled up in a crack of a rock. Not his normal area. I also noticed the smaller Percula was also not in his normal area of the tank during the night when the lights are off

I’m wondering if the larger Percula stressed out the Gamma. Today the larger Percula did attack the smaller one and had him by the stomach. This has not happened before.

Sad to have lost him. Curious to know why. My guess is the larger Percula is showing dominance now.

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the larger Percula is becoming the dominant female and making sure everyone knows it. Sadly who knows for sure what happened to the Gramma since you didn't seen anything happen.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back