OP
Luiz Cancino

Luiz Cancino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW cultured Reef has some sweet deals right now, they have micro or normal sized. Either under 100 and they ship better than anyone else I have used.
IMG_3179.JPG
I'll browse the site, thanks!

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it correct that smaller clams need more direct feeding?

OP
OP
Luiz Cancino

Luiz Cancino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed LiveAquaria has a sale of derasa clams. How does the community feel about them? Either way I'll probably just be good and take the advice I asked for and wait for Pacific east lol

OP
OP
Luiz Cancino

Luiz Cancino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from live aquaria. Personal experience and plenty of deaths from unhealthy clams have been reported here.
Again, thanks DSC, you've been tremendous help. If not for you I woulda bought that dying clam to be honest. I'll just be patient and stop looking around and TRY to forget about it for now! I'm sure I'll thanks myself later, so will my clam Haha

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, thanks DSC, you've been tremendous help. If not for you I woulda bought that dying clam to be honest. I'll just be patient and stop looking around and TRY to forget about it for now! I'm sure I'll thanks myself later, so will my clam Haha
Feel free to look my friend! Also, look up some articles by James Fatheree while you wait. Hes my favorite author with a lot of great information to help you along the way. Looking forward to your pic of your first clam.

OP
OP
Luiz Cancino

Luiz Cancino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feel free to look my friend! Also, look up some articles by James Fatheree while you wait. Hes my favorite author with a lot of great information to help you along the way. Looking forward to your pic of your first clam.
Are there any other reputable vendors out there you might know of should I stick to the one already mentioned?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the toughness of clams species is more equalized these days with so many powerful lighting types available particularly or smaller tanks that until the past few years typically had PC lights or regular output tubes which derasa could live under but not many other species. Now many people have plenty of power and I think finding health specimens is top priority even over species unless you have weak lights. I look at how acro al has been able to complete the lifecycle of crocea and maximas and spawn several generations inland (but not squammys) that indicates perhaps either squammys are not as easy as we commonly say, or the other two are tougher than we normally give them credit for. Of course it's just possible squammy fry are more delicate too... But you get my point!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on What i should look for when picking out a derasa clam?

Make sure you see white shell near mantle, this is a indication of growth and a healthy clam.

C4D7559B-1A4A-4CAD-A688-FACECD443AE4.jpeg

Cessna89811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biota Squamosa clam. I love it. It attached itself to rock ruble in the sand. It has new shell growth.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back