First drip acclimation, pink streaked wrasse.

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I picked up a pink streaked wrasse from a fish store about an hour and a half away. This is the first time I have ever done a drip acclimation, so I was wondering how long I should drip acclimate for and how many drops per second. I am using the accudrip set, thanks.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually set the drip to where the water will double in 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes I take some water out of the bowl and let it drip for another 15-20 minutes.

Put a small rock or piece of pvc in the bowl/container for the wrasse. It’ll give them a small place to feel safer while you acclimate them. I found my pink streaked wrasses really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually set the drip to where the water will double in 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes I take some water out of the bowl and let it drip for another 15-20 minutes.

Put a small rock or piece of pvc in the bowl/container for the wrasse. It’ll give them a small place to feel safer while you acclimate them. I found my pink streaked wrasses really appreciate it.
ok thanks this will help a lot

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the fish going straight into a display or QT? An hour and a half isn't long, the big issue usually comes with fish being shipped and having ammonia in the bag. What's the difference in salinity? I wouldn't go more than 30 minutes on local fish unless salinity is way off. Stress and ammonia are the big issues with acclimating fish, reduce both and you're good to go on healthy fish. Setting up a holding tank or using old salt buckets for new fish is much easier, plus you can take advantage of the extra time to observe the fish before putting it into your display.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back