First drip acclimation, pink streaked wrasse.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Echo2656
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Echo2656

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2022
Messages
127
Reaction score
94
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I picked up a pink streaked wrasse from a fish store about an hour and a half away. This is the first time I have ever done a drip acclimation, so I was wondering how long I should drip acclimate for and how many drops per second. I am using the accudrip set, thanks.
 
I usually set the drip to where the water will double in 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes I take some water out of the bowl and let it drip for another 15-20 minutes.

Put a small rock or piece of pvc in the bowl/container for the wrasse. It’ll give them a small place to feel safer while you acclimate them. I found my pink streaked wrasses really appreciate it.
 
I usually set the drip to where the water will double in 15-20 minutes. After 15 minutes I take some water out of the bowl and let it drip for another 15-20 minutes.

Put a small rock or piece of pvc in the bowl/container for the wrasse. It’ll give them a small place to feel safer while you acclimate them. I found my pink streaked wrasses really appreciate it.
ok thanks this will help a lot
 
Is the fish going straight into a display or QT? An hour and a half isn't long, the big issue usually comes with fish being shipped and having ammonia in the bag. What's the difference in salinity? I wouldn't go more than 30 minutes on local fish unless salinity is way off. Stress and ammonia are the big issues with acclimating fish, reduce both and you're good to go on healthy fish. Setting up a holding tank or using old salt buckets for new fish is much easier, plus you can take advantage of the extra time to observe the fish before putting it into your display.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new