First Saltwater build

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember @BlueDevil.. @cee would be the one to ask. I'm not good with names but I loved the colors on all three. @CastAway that is the frag I got from you at the end.

Looks like it's doing okay Nathan. I'm glad.

I think you may have been bitten by the SPS bug.

OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. @CastAwayot bit badly I'm wanting even more now that I've seen a few other Tanks. I was thinking about making my own rock pvc/morder and making a few elaborate caves and pass throws

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. @CastAwayot bit badly I'm wanting even more now that I've seen a few other Tanks. I was thinking about making my own rock pvc/morder and making a few elaborate caves and pass throws

You can take a chisel to large pieces of Pukani and make caves. You can use cut pieces of plastic hangers to peg rock together securely. Pics man. [emoji106]

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics man.
emoji106.png
Uh Yea!!
Happy new Year boys!

Tyler Caviness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the coral beauty doing with your lps? Does it nip at them very much?
Also, was that a neon dottyback? I've been checking those out but everything seemed to point to them being pretty aggressive. What has your experience been?

OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beauty hasn't touched my LPS, only the algae around them. The dotty back is an jacka$$. get stuck in the overflow once a week or so. It seems more for a darter over the tank as opposed to anything. but I have only had them a few months

Tyler Caviness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beauty hasn't touched my LPS, only the algae around them. The dotty back is an jacka$$. get stuck in the overflow once a week or so. It seems more for a darter over the tank as opposed to anything. but I have only had them a few months
Haha you're not the first person I've heard describe them that way. Good to know though. I think they look awesome, but sometimes it just isn't worth it.

Tyler Caviness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dottyback, that is. I still haven't decided if I wanna take the chance on a dwarf angel with my corals. That seems like a bit of a coin flip on whether they'll mess with them

OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dotty back swims up the return pipe while I'm feeding or have the pump off for any reason... Turn the pump on and out it Flys.

CastAway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dotty back swims up the return pipe while I'm feeding or have the pump off for any reason... Turn the pump on and out it Flys.

Give the dottyback a small piece of 3/4" pvc, maybe 4" long. You can dress it up by using silicone to glue some sand and shells to it. They love holes. LOL

OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've noticed that he loves going in one of thw rocks and turning around, especially at night.... I guess here is where I can make my own rock work and see how it goes....

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back