OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got GFO reactor installed. Only placed about a half cup into it at the moment. Tumbling well on the lowest setting the pump had. Will try and get a petter pick after the air bubbles have dissipated out of the canister. Hoping this will help solve the phosphate feeding the algae...

Will is shock the tank to add to much at one time??

Will adding another 1/2 cup to what I already have in there in one week. Will it be to much for the tank.

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got GFO reactor installed. Only placed about a half cup into it at the moment. Tumbling well on the lowest setting the pump had. Will try and get a petter pick after the air bubbles have dissipated out of the canister. Hoping this will help solve the phosphate feeding the algae...

Will is shock the tank to add to much at one time??

Will adding another 1/2 cup to what I already have in there in one week. Will it be to much for the tank.

As with anything else in this hobby, going slow is key. I would start out with half the recommended dose and see how that does in a week's time. Depending on the type of GFO you are using (regular vs. high capacity if bought from BRS), and the volume of your system the quantity will vary.

OP
OP
saltrookie53

saltrookie53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the GFO appears to be working.... My skimmer cup is full after three days and there seems to be less algae in the DT.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back