First time going to Reef-A-Palooza

Look at map and number in order of importance who want to see/visit most of all at show. Limit the time you spend with each vendor to 10-15 mins. If youve utilized your time and seen everyone you wanted to, you can always go back and revisit others.
Bring Cash- ATM fees are nuts and most everyone wants cash
This!

Everyone wants cash. They all take cards(usually), but will generally give you a deal if using cash.

When I went to the last NY show, I got a mint chip pavona mini colony that was listed for $200, for $150. I was going to use my debit, but the guy said he would give it to me for $150 if I had cash. Found many other deals like that when paying in cash.

The ATM at the show wanted to charge me $15 to get my own money. lol Found my bank down the street, took out a few hundred free of charge.
 
So, if I were to buy any livestock this weekend what should I have with me for the ride home (its going to be around a 2 hour ride). I assume I should bring a small cooler and a little thermometer. Should I buy hand warmers or something to keep the stuff cool, I think it's supposed to be in the low 80s on Saturday.
 
2 hour ride I wouldn't worry about it at all, just bring a cooler. Keep in mind that half the corals you're buying were flown into the show from the vendors farm/store, so they're pretty resilient.

Always bring a bigger cooler than you'll think you need. I went to AquaShella last weekend thinking I had brought a cooler way bigger than I'd need, and that I wouldn't be picking up much stuff, but it was stuffed with corals on the trip home.
 
I highly doubt it since I'm sure 99.99% of the vendors are for corals but, does anyone know if any of the vendors will possibly have macro algae that I could add to my macro tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new