First time going to Reef-A-Palooza

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the first time ever I will be going to a reefing event! So I've been to comic cons before so I know to pack waters, snacks, chargers, extra bags, etc. I don't keep corals (more of a macro algae guy) but at just $25 why not check it out still. Any tips for a first timer?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepared for some amazing livestock. Talk to the people at the booths and the other hobbyists there. It’s literally a convention/trade show for people like you and I. Chances are you’ll learn something new at the least, and maybe make some new reefing friends

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be prepared for some amazing livestock. Talk to the people at the booths and the other hobbyists there. It’s literally a convention/trade show for people like you and I. Chances are you’ll learn something new at the least, and maybe make some new reefing friends
OK - seriously .... that dog of yours though.....
i love you smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what it's going to be like for this year, but I got there about an hour early last time and that seemed about right. The only thing that bothered me about that was Rico and others walking up and down and putting me in their streams several times. I know, it's a small thing and nobody was even looking at me, but I hated it.

I don't think I'd compare this to going to like MEGACON or something where you need a ton of snacks and stuff. You'll most likely be in and out in a few hours even if you go to a panel or two.

If you buy a coral, you can have a vendor hold them for you until you're ready to come back and grab it. Make sure you have a cooler to bring everything home in.

Other than that I don't think there's a whole lot to know, it's pretty simple.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! I have to agree he is unreasonably photogenic and adorable. So much for the vicious pit bull huh? Lol
He needs his own Insta .... then you can sell socks with his face on them to support your reefing habit.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Look at map and number in order of importance who want to see/visit most of all at show. Limit the time you spend with each vendor to 10-15 mins. If youve utilized your time and seen everyone you wanted to, you can always go back and revisit others.
Bring Cash- ATM fees are nuts and most everyone wants cash

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back