Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both copper power and cupramine on hand. I have some fish coming in, anthias and a foxface(assume follow same as squirrefish in the chart above) from divers den. Both of which are a 1 in terms of safeness using chealated copper. Which should I use?

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I treat Bluejaw Triggers using Coppersafe? Actually hoping all fish in QT can be treated together... Royal Gramma, Midas Blenny, Purp queen Anthias, and the Triggerfish.

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id just like to say thank you for this! These lists have saved some of my fish due to their sensitivity and such for treatment. I'm glad I know about this and check it any time im about to treat a fish.

Unfortunately my diligence of qt EVERYTHING failed and I introduced ich to my dt. Im currently in the process of taking all the fish out to treat them and dgo fallow. But one of my fish is a mandarin. Im glad i checked the list because I am treating all the fish with copper and im sure my mandarin would have died. Now ill just have to use cp.

(thank you! The mandarin is my wifes fav fish. Death would have been horrible).

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I’m glad she compiled this list!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This is excellent info especially reading the last 6 weeks of many who want to or try to treat for various parasitic and non-parasitic issues.

EpicGear_FINAL-e1358391181408.png

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Meredith
It is very good chart. I would like tell you my experience of six line and cleaner wrasses treatment with CP. Although according to your chart disease treatment of these fishes with CP is dangerous. But I have treat Cryptocarion thanks CP without any problem. The fishes eat even granulate during the treatment period. I have used 10 mg/L Chloroquine Phosphate together with salinity of 1.014.

clarity1981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question if anyone knows, where do Marine Bettas fall on this list, under groupers? Just wondering if I can do CP treatment on one.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question if anyone knows, where do Marine Bettas fall on this list, under groupers? Just wondering if I can do CP treatment on one.

Unfortunately, I have no experience using CP on either.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently heard of a product called Safety stop. It employs a two-step bathing process, first with formalin and then with methylene blue. On the product package it claims to reduce disease causing bacteria and parasites. The word reduce does not sound very reassuring to me. I already feel like this treatment would be inferior compared to more traditional quarantine and treatment methods. But I was just wondering how some of you more experienced hobbyist, would respond to this technique as an option.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently heard of a product called Safety stop. It employs a two-step bathing process, first with formalin and then with methylene blue. On the product package it claims to reduce disease causing bacteria and parasites. The word reduce does not sound very reassuring to me. I already feel like this treatment would be inferior compared to more traditional quarantine and treatment methods. But I was just wondering how some of you more experienced hobbyist, would respond to this technique as an option.
It's a good option for people that aren't willing to quarantine, although the use of formalin is controversial. Some people believe it shortens the lifespan of the fish.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you summed that up pretty well. Confirming my interpretation of this procedure. And I was not aware of the controversial issue concerning formalin.

Thank you
It's a good option for people that aren't willing to quarantine, although the use of formalin is controversial. Some people believe it shortens the lifespan of the fish.

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine have ick and flake so I put all of them in qt I added 2 drops per gallon like it said and all fish are eating and seem better how long should I leave them in it?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back