OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took down the ceiling lights and painted the strip I missed. I used a laser level to line them back up. They were terribly crooked before.

I also got a few odds and ends printed to organize some stuff and got the third of 5 new design shades for the smatfarm lights printed.

Last edited:

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much for a finalized list!
Is the tank / fish list ever REALLY finalized?!

Well gang, the room has come to a screeching halt.

about 10 minutes after I posted yesterday, I had a second stroke and got medivac’d

luckily, it was fast enough for tpa treatment and things have rapidly improved. Stills left side weakness.

I should be home tomorrow to recuperate. But I am forbidden from driving and using power tools for a while.

it really sucks. But at least I’m still here.
Thank the big man above, man oh man... Glad you are as "Okay" as you can be. I mean you always have been a little weird, right?! :rolleyes: :p
I got a new desktop CNC, a 10 watt laser engraver and a resin printer. I am going to have to sell some stuff to make room!
Minee is still in the box, I cant wait to get started on it!

My friends and family bought me a great gift for my birthday a couple weeks back and they came in Tuesday. Enchroma colorblind glasses!

last night we all gathered at the Tennessee river to watch a sunset. I was overwhelmed to say the least. Life altering sounds like a cliche but it is exactly what the experience was. 54 years of not knowing what folks with proper color vision see. Unreal.

even if I only had the glasses for that one sunset it would be worth it.

what an amazing gift!
I love this so much. I wish I could have given this gift to my father before he passed. I bet it was amazing!! You have a good family around you and great friends. No matter what happens you can say you did it right.

A good place to leave off.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the tank / fish list ever REALLY finalized?!

Thank the big man above, man oh man... Glad you are as "Okay" as you can be. I mean you always have been a little weird, right?! :rolleyes: :p

Minee is still in the box, I cant wait to get started on it!

I love this so much. I wish I could have given this gift to my father before he passed. I bet it was amazing!! You have a good family around you and great friends. No matter what happens you can say you did it right.

A good place to leave off.
Thanks buddy.
I have been blessed despite the weird setbacks.
To say I have an awesome extended family is putting it mildly. The glasses are amazing. Sorry for the loss of your dad. He would have loved them.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my wifes Birthday! I am so happy you made it through this. That is wild, and I can only imagine that would "change a few things."

I have a morbid fear of it now. Been to counseling and can rationalize the chances are almost none that it will happen again until the first flash during a storm then I’m afraid again.

It changed electolytes for about 10 years and they slowly went normal. At least that’s the only thing the doctor says explains them being out of whack.

tinyfellows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the tanks get wet I started following this build over at plantedtank.net when I was only in freshwater planted tanks but have recently converted to saltwater and I was stoked when I found you were over here

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the tanks get wet I started following this build over at plantedtank.net when I was only in freshwater planted tanks but have recently converted to saltwater and I was stoked when I found you were over here

glad you followed me here!

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a fantastic read! I am reading through it now and almost caught up to the present day. Almost feels like I found a new buddy as he does such an amazing job letting into his fish room (and life) in this thread. Good stuff from a good guy.

If you are a picture guy, this thread isn't for you! Haha! He never snaps shots even when he says he will! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a fantastic read! I am reading through it now and almost caught up to the present day. Almost feels like I found a new buddy as he does such an amazing job letting into his fish room (and life) in this thread. Good stuff from a good guy.

If you are a picture guy, this thread isn't for you! Haha! He never snaps shots even when he says he will! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Just wait until I go visit him when he is done. I will break R2R with pic uploads lol.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

and, when I do, they're pretty awful. LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today was the first time in quite a while when I was able to have more than one printer running at a time. I had 4!

The freebie printer I got a couple weeks ago has been going like crazy almost 24 hours a day printing different kinds of shades. The Ender 3 max and the two ender 2 pros are printing stuff to help me organize this mess including stuff to hang my aquarium tools, towels and such.

The water in the discus tank turned pretty cloudy. I am guessing it's the driftwood and me messing with the sand a little. I will do a big water change when I go to plant and that should fix that. Hopefully, the plants are here soon.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much fishy today.

I did a bunch of organizing and cleaning and reworked the light rack for the discus tank down to two power cords so it’s not neat.

Tomorrow I am going to aquatic critter in Nashville then to pick up a rsr650 peninsula tank for a buddy.

Once that tank is setup I get the rsr525xl that it’s replacing.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much fishy today.

I did a bunch of organizing and cleaning and reworked the light rack for the discus tank down to two power cords so it’s not neat.

Tomorrow I am going to aquatic critter in Nashville then to pick up a rsr650 peninsula tank for a buddy.

Once that tank is setup I get the rsr525xl that it’s replacing.
What time you going to the critter?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water in the discus tank has cleared up. Picking up the first fish Thursday. Plants are due to arrive wednesday.

I got the closet door swapped to the new one and both doors painted today.

I also almost smashed the discus tank with the freezer door. I caught it swinging open just in time. Needless to say, 20 minutes later, the doors were swapped to open the opposite way. ;)

My son is on the way over with his buddy to help me put the yoga mats under the 12 foot tank.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, they got here to help with the mat and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to get the suction cups back from my buddy.

They are going to come back tomorrow afternoon and do it.

Then, I can clean the tank and start the plumbing.

Hopefully, my buddy has his wife's car out of the garage so I can get to my plywood and luan for the 187 stand this week.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back