OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my engineer goby, about a foot now and makes me smile or chuckle every day, not a fish for anyone precious about their sandbed, the number of times I look at the tank and it's head is poked out of a hole in the scape watching me is unreal. :)

DSC_0194 (1024x683).jpg

Mine is about that size as well. Lot's of personality.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lights for the 12 foot and overhead lighting are out for delivery. Way early, but, were on sale and I actually needed a couple for something else.

1633708297453.png

Gonna run two rows of three in a floating canopy over the 12 footer. Between that and the CO2 setup should grow plants really well.

The dude buying the 240 had to back out. So it's going back up for sale. No worries. Still temporarily moving everything I have left to a 75 in the dining room to make way for the living room remodel. I just need to find a place to store the 240.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheetrock almost all hung in the bathroom. Since the contractor backed out, I am doing everything except moving the shower drain myself. That's getting done tomorrow night.

I should have the sheetrock finishing done by saturday. Then, it's a thrash Sunday to get the painting done, flooring in and the vanity and commode set.

I don't think we will have it all done Sunday like we planned but, the little stuff can be done after we have the room useable.

As soon as this is done, the 460 goes in the frame of the truck and gets broken in then removed and stored while body work commences. At that point, the fish building project continues. Sorry this is taking so long!

:)

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer @Eagle_Steve

I am wanting to do a display macro tank (30x30x12) next to the RSR 625xxl.

Never done one as a display before just as a fuge. I am using AI prime 16HD lights mixed with kessils on the display and just primes on the clown harem tank (30x30x12). Can I use the AI lights on the same settings on the macro tank? I can raise the light up if it's too much for the macro. I just don't want the typical red looking fuge lighting. Also, don't really like the 6500K look on a saltwater tank.

But, I am asking for advice so I will listen to reason. ;)

BTW, all three tanks will share the same sump.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@najer @Eagle_Steve

I am wanting to do a display macro tank (30x30x12) next to the RSR 625xxl.

Never done one as a display before just as a fuge. I am using AI prime 16HD lights mixed with kessils on the display and just primes on the clown harem tank (30x30x12). Can I use the AI lights on the same settings on the macro tank? I can raise the light up if it's too much for the macro. I just don't want the typical red looking fuge lighting. Also, don't really like the 6500K look on a saltwater tank.

But, I am asking for advice so I will listen to reason. ;)

BTW, all three tanks will share the same sump.
You can use the primes, but will need to be more white. I believe @Tigahboy uses primes on one of his macro displays. Maybe can give you some setting for them.

I use old reefbreeder photon v1 and some half dead (then repaired) sb reef lights on one of my growouts. The others are MH or T5.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use the primes, but will need to be more white. I believe @Tigahboy uses primes on one of his macro displays. Maybe can give you some setting for them.

I use old reefbreeder photon v1 and some half dead (then repaired) sb reef lights on one of my growouts. The others are MH or T5.

Thanks. I can setup multiple zones in the app so adjusting the white won't be an issue. I tend to run a little whiter lights than most anyway.

I am going to need you to hook me up with a variety of macros when the system gets setup. I will holler when ready.

I couldn't remember who it was that had the gorgeous display macro tanks. Thanks for that!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I can setup multiple zones in the app so adjusting the white won't be an issue. I tend to run a little whiter lights than most anyway.

I am going to need you to hook me up with a variety of macros when the system gets setup. I will holler when ready.

I couldn't remember who it was that had the gorgeous display macro tanks. Thanks for that!
Not a problem. Just let me know. Good timing also, as stuff has to grow back out. Being as colder weather is approaching, the tubs outside came down and all got moved back inside. This mean a ton of macro was sold lol. No worries though, it grows and grows, so will have plenty in a month or so.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a problem. Just let me know. Good timing also, as stuff has to grow back out. Being as colder weather is approaching, the tubs outside came down and all got moved back inside. This mean a ton of macro was sold lol. No worries though, it grows and grows, so will have plenty in a month or so.

Should be good timing

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never really did a macro display as I wanted to as my fish ate all the pretty things so just back to fish food production now, I have never run a pink / red bulb over macros so can't help there.

DSC_0360 (1024x804).jpg

DSC_0366 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New pex water lines and shutoffs in the bathroom. New shower drain tonight then I can finish hanging drywall. Tomorrow starts the mud and tape.

I still hoping to have primer on by Sunday and the shower installed. Won't make the deadline, but, not too far off.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New pex water lines and shutoffs in the bathroom. New shower drain tonight then I can finish hanging drywall. Tomorrow starts the mud and tape.

I still hoping to have primer on by Sunday and the shower installed. Won't make the deadline, but, not too far off.
Hurry up!!!!!! You aint done yet?

Kidding, I know how things go with our lovely old houses in the south lol. Always find something unexpected and to fix it as well.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hurry up!!!!!! You aint done yet?

Kidding, I know how things go with our lovely old houses in the south lol. Always find something unexpected and to fix it as well.

I have spent at least a dozen hours fixing things that should have never been done. It's amazing the house isn't burned down.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have spent at least a dozen hours fixing things that should have never been done. It's amazing the house isn't burned down.
Old cloth covered wire, that cloth degraded poorly, I get it lol.

I had old knob and tube wiring in one half of the house we had to replace when we first bought it. Talk about some sketchy stuff lol. There was even one portion that was all bare copper runs under the house. Crazy what they did years ago when you look back at it lol.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am switching the tank used for clownfish to a JBJ RL-45. Got a smokin deal on one over the weekend including the intank.com fuge basket, a nice nano skimmer, a dj power strip and several other items. Going to paint the stand white to match the other stands. I will design and print sock holders instead of the included media baskets.

I am going to light it with two a160we and put them on a 2020 arm to hold them. I wanted to 3d print the brackets and see if this was viable to save a little money over buying brackets. (forgot to take pics but I will). At 50% infill .2mm layer height with polymaker polylite PETG I put a 30 pound weight on the end of the test arm and it held. It flexed about 1/32 at 16" out from the vertical and snapped right back without the weight. I wouldn't trust it for holding up a tank, mind you, but, given that the two lights weight about 1 pound each, and I don't think they will be 16" out to begin with, I think I am safe. :)

Since I can print the brackets, it makes the 2020 even more economical for other stuff. Plus, I can print the brackets in different colors to match a theme. LOL. I got two 1200mm pieces of it coming from tnuts.com for $26 including shipping. I am probably going to order more just to have it around for other projects.

BTW, depending on paint and cost of switching to one return pump, This whole project will run about $500. I love hoarding aquarium equipment! :cool:

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH! I forgot something very important about this build.

Let me see..... What was it? Dang stroke! Oh yeah! We are closing in the carport to give me more room and ditching the building since they put us on back order AGAIN! We got a refund on the deposit and, for less than half of just the cost of the building, I will have a completely done room with a full sized fridge, a storage closet off of it and not have to run a bunch of plumbing and wiring across the yard! And, I will never have to walk out in the rain to get to the building. My favorite part is the concrete floor and proximity to the driveway.

Winning!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back