OP
OP
Cole_Voeller

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish had ich before, they could still be some irritation. Fish will flash sometimes without parasites. I wouldn’t overreact just yet.
I did plan on waiting a while longer, to keep observing. But I’ve seen him flash on and off for the better part of a month which is why my concern was growing. Sorry to hear about the Lionfish.

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did plan on waiting a while longer, to keep observing. But I’ve seen him flash on and off for the better part of a month which is why my concern was growing. Sorry to hear about the Lionfish.
Not a great sign, but I have definitely seen fish flash without parasites. If it has been a month and nobody has white spots, there is a good chance they would have showed up by now.

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it. I can definitely get some freeze dried mysis, and planned on buying selcon next time I was out.
Selcon is a good fat supplement. Use sparingly. But for vitamins choose one of these:
Vita-Chem Marine
Zoe
S.E.L.C.O. Boost

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking online, and it seems like having my cleaner wrasse in the tank may be an issue. I’ve had him through prazi before, but I figure I should ask about this. Didn’t realize there had been negative reports when using prazi on wrasses
Wrasses are not overtly affected by a proper prazi treatment. The main issue is that people don’t increase the aeration in the tank when dosing and low dissolved oxygen can be a problem.
Jay

OP
OP
Cole_Voeller

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Selcon is a good fat supplement. Use sparingly. But for vitamins choose one of these:
Vita-Chem Marine
Zoe
S.E.L.C.O. Boost
You got it!
Wrasses are not overtly affected by a proper prazi treatment. The main issue is that people don’t increase the aeration in the tank when dosing and low dissolved oxygen can be a problem.
Jay
Okay cool! I always use an airpump on max whenever I have used Prazi in the past.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got it!

Okay cool! I always use an airpump on max whenever I have used Prazi in the past.
Don’t miss that I don’t think anyone is 100% saying this is flukes, only that it could be. If you have the prazi on hand and ready to go here isn’t any downside to waiting to see if the symptoms worsen.
Jay

OP
OP
Cole_Voeller

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t miss that I don’t think anyone is 100% saying this is flukes, only that it could be. If you have the prazi on hand and ready to go here isn’t any downside to waiting to see if the symptoms worsen.
Jay
Yep, that’s my plan!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back