fish list for smaller tanks.......

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you guys know im building a 30x30 cube yeah it's 70 gal but i still consider it a nano imho because of the dimensions....i need this thing stocked to the hill to get my over kill skimmer to perform..... any suggestions on a stock list??? so far i only have my clown pair down only for the new tank....:tongue: im used to big tanks and tangs this one is gonna be tricky....lol

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't go wrong with at least a flasher wrasse, maybe even a pair or trio (check Brad Syphus' tank thread for instance). Other than that I am in the same boat as you trying to figure out what else I can get into my 34g 20x20x20 cube.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would love to get some pipe fish and seahorses but a dart on closed loop and a 3200 gph return pump is gonna be a whole lot of flow in the little tank not sure pipe fish or sea horses are gonna cut it....lol althou there would be no power heads to chew anything up... im really building this cube to house my signature nem and trying to make safe as possible...:tongue: if i could pull off a sea horse my wife would be involved lol.... that's her fav and right now she hates everything about the hobby...hmmmmm

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That won't work for seahorses, it may work for dragonface pipefish though, although the anemone still would make me nervous...

jaa1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never liked Wrasses before I actually ventured out and bought some. They have a lot of personality and I think they bring a lot of life to the tank. I have a leapoard wrasse, yellow coris and a melanarus wrasse. Wish I knew about these guys prior to stocking my tank.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy basselet pair LA has a pair you'd be baller then, remember pairs of anything always looks better in a small tank IMHO not to much not to little helfrichi firefish are bomb you could do a few of those regular and purple ones potention leapers though, let see, wrasse list for that would be, rhomboid pair, carpenters wrasse trio, pink margin wrasse pair, dot-dash fairy wrasse trio and like 20 envansi anthias that should get a billows going oh and you could do like 3-5 jester gobies for algae control

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back