Fish moving stuff?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one frag atleast. My blue tang has an obsession with my little alien eye chalice frag. No bite or harm at all, he just doesn't want it on my frag rack. I have a 6' 125 and I've found this one paticular frag all the way across the tank on multiple occasions. Anyone else have a fish do anything like this. Please share your experiece/thoughts.

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a naso tang that did the same thing. His "toy" of choice was my algae clip. He would snatch it off the side of the tank and carry it around like a frisbee. He would also take it up to the top of the tank, drop it, then chase it down and snatch it before it hit the bottom. He was by far my most favorite fish and was very amusing, but he outgrew my 110g at the time.

MoneyPit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Niger Trigger that likes to pick up Turbo Snails by the point on their shell and move them around. He also moved my Royal Gramma out of his house, well at least in the day time. At night he goes somewhere else and the gramma goes in the rock to sleep. Crazy fish !

OP
OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its those kind of fish that make a tank fun to watch. I just wish he didn't use my frags.:hammer:

Vochito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a crimson clown that is constantly re-arranging. She fans the sand and makes a huge pile on one end, and leaves the glass bottom showning under her anemone. She even picks up small pieces of shell and moves them out of her space. I enjoy watchin HER work as her mate just sits back and watches.

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my blue spot jawfish grabs hermit crabs, frags, and snails to block his hole...since i eventually got tired of this, i added a bunch of empty snail shells for him...he loved it

Jolene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo tang doesn't like anything near it's sleeping spots. It will move frags and empty shells if it thinks they are encrouching on it's turf.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great. I think he's just playing fetch. Most I have is a clown who likes to fan sand everywhere.. not nearly as endearing.

CJ

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hippo's moving your stuff around wow my tang doesn't touch A thing just hides at night under his favorite rock..Now my Tomato clown or Marron clown fish is the opposite he loves to move rocks and blow the sand with his tail all over place if it is in his way he moves it lol bossy little fish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 21 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 90 68.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back