Fish or Inverts That You Would Never Have Again?

Ksmmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never again.. pistol shrimp. It wiped out my snails within a few weeks.
My dwarf angel nipped at one coral until I fed him twice a day and then he stopped.
Maybe never again, is the neon dottyback, beautiful fish, but a real bully to any new fish to the tank. It takes several days before he lets them relax and stop hiding.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sailfin tang - Steals all the food from others
Red Coris Wrasse- Flips rocks and frags all over the place looking for food and bristle worms
Damsels - Just total A****les
Emerald crab- Nice guy til the lights go out and instead of bubble algae determines my corals taste better
Luchti Anthias - jerk is an understatement especially towards other Anthias

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any large hermit crab. If its not eating something it shouldn’t. Its knocking over rock work. I tolerate the little snail eaters. But i wont add anything other than scarlets or blue legs now.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously considering a ban on clowns. My Picasso pair is beautiful, been with me a year, no problem, but the female just lately just will not stop roughing up my LPS. She damaged my plate coral, she beats on my gold torch, my green torch, and my black torch... Ugh...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Time for an acclimation container A/K/A fishy jail and give it a time out for a week or two while allowing those coral to heal up and get comfy.

2012-03-26_19-42-53_224.jpg

Shigshwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunar Wrasse. I bought one being told that they are only moderately aggressive. After the first day, he flipped the switch and went assassin mode on my other wrasses.

curiouser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet anemone. In my first reef tank it plowed through a 2 x 10 inch path for dinner. Lost several corals. LFS took it back.

htownguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peppermint shrimp. Just one killed my scarlet skunk shrimp and a blood shrimp. Also chews my fishes fins when they sleep. I'll never catch that little point of sale

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green Corris and Red Corris Wrasse. I assume in a hunt for amphipods they would rip the seaweed off the clip and then watch it float away much to the dismay of the tangs.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My percula literally just bit a gold torch tentacle torch clean off.... totally not worth it to me. Have another thread discussing how to catch her...
[emoji22]

64Ivy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pseudochromis . Still suffering from the trauma of the havoc wreaked by a P. dilectus I maintained some 20 years ago. Not only would this s.o.b. chase and harass anything that was remotely wrasse or 'cigar' shaped but actually chased a few fish to their deaths THROUGH the eggcrate covers I was using at the time. He was virtually uncatchable too as he knew that tank (500g by the way) like the back of his dorsal fin. Lived over 6 years, then I reckon Satan himself had to come up and get him Not even alone in a species tank unless I could slowly heat it to boiling.

Running a distant second are Crosshatch Triggerfish. I love the look of them but the one pair I had went completely psycho soon after I introduced them to the DT. The female would repeatedly pace back and forth the length of the tank, scaring the hell out of everyone else, including me, and I caught the male actually eating one of my still living Chromis! Fortunately, I caught them fairly easily.

As far as inverts, I gotta go with Discosoma mushrooms. I know you said 'no pests' but there's a slew of vendors actually selling those things so somebody out there apparently likes 'em. Thanks for letting me vent.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the remote past, 15 years ago, I have a Sixline pair and Mandarin pair in a 420. All four fishes (Sixline and Mandarin) coexisted for at least 1 year, and were spawning regularly in my tank. One day the Sixline pair attacked the female Mandarin. The attack last about 15 second and happened right in front of my eyes. Over so quickly that I cannot do anything about it. The wrasse took one pass each, one go for the R eye and the other one go for the L eye of the female Mandarin. After that they completely ignored the blinded Mandarin, and her mate. She starved and become emaciated. There was no hope of recovery, I euthanized her after 2 weeks. I was lucky enough to caught the two Sixline and traded them in for another female Mandarin.

It is all instinct, but it seem to be instinct from Satan-Spawned fish for me. I vowed never put another Sixline wrasse into my tank again, even for free.

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
emerals crabs and peppermint shrimp. Also clowns, but not really. I always have problems with them, but can’t not have them. I have a ten year old female that just today I saw drag my fox face a good ten inches by the tail when he came close to her eggs. He’s bigger and spikier so figure that one out...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back