Fish poop

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not typically. May be intestinal parasites...

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preliminarily, go grab metroplex as you'll need it and a binder to soak food so you can get that cleared up!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I just ordered medicine and seachum Focus, but I had to order it online are they going to be okay in the time being. Or can this kill them quick?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay I just ordered medicine and seachum Focus, but I had to order it online are they going to be okay in the time being. Or can this kill them quick?

They should be just fine. There are some internal parasites that can cause rapid death but those seem to be very rare. Many fish can live with these parasites for months or even years. It all depends on the exact internal parasite and the overall health of the fish.

Also are there any other things I can do to combat this? So they don't get it again?
I'm not sure if this fish is in a QT or in your DT. If it is in your DT then you need to treat all of your fish for it since they can infect each other by eating each others waste. Shouldn't be a problem since you will be using metro soaked food which they should all eat. Normally it is pretty obvious if a fish has an issue like this in a QT system and is very easy to treat. If you QT any new additions you should be able to see the stringy white poo and treat accordingly to keep it out of your DT.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be just fine. There are some internal parasites that can cause rapid death but those seem to be very rare. Many fish can live with these parasites for months or even years. It all depends on the exact internal parasite and the overall health of the fish.

I'm not sure if this fish is in a QT or in your DT. If it is in your DT then you need to treat all of your fish for it since they can infect each other by eating each others waste. Shouldn't be a problem since you will be using metro soaked food which they should all eat. Normally it is pretty obvious if a fish has an issue like this in a QT system and is very easy to treat. If you QT any new additions you should be able to see the stringy white poo and treat accordingly to keep it out of your DT.
I have 2 clown and 2 hermits and 1 snail they all eat the same food and when I feed I shut the pumps off and I drop the hermits 1 pellet and they usually eat them right up!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clown and 2 hermits and 1 snail they all eat the same food and when I feed I shut the pumps off and I drop the hermits 1 pellet and they usually eat them right up!
lol You don't need to worry about the hermits or the snail. :)

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Intestinal parasites to be treated with metroplex and Focus in the food. Feed for a minimum of 10 days, once a day... but plan on it taking longer than that since these things can be quite stubborn.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they are the only fish in the tank can I treat in my display tank or does it need to be done in a quarantine tank? My display tank does have live rock.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they are the only fish in the tank can I treat in my display tank or does it need to be done in a quarantine tank? My display tank does have live rock.
You can treat them in tank. Soak their food in Metro and Focus and do your best not to overfeed.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can treat them in tank. Soak their food in Metro and Focus and do your best not to overfeed.
I can do that I'm feeding small pellets I usually give them 4 pellets a peice around 6 in the after noon. Is that enough of more?
1484954848333.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can do that I'm feeding small pellets I usually give them 4 pellets a peice around 6 in the after noon. Is that enough of more?
1484954848333.jpeg
As long as they are eating what you have been feeding them just keep feeding them the normal amount.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back