OP
OP
ThatFishGuy

ThatFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far nothing else has died. Still doing water changes to raise my calcium. Doing 15 gallons every other day to also lower nitrates

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far nothing else has died. Still doing water changes to raise my calcium. Doing 15 gallons every other day to also lower nitrates
Thats Good news.
BTW keep a container of Kent Turbo Calcium on hand. It's a quick way to raise calcium levels.

OP
OP
ThatFishGuy

ThatFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats Good news.
BTW keep a container of Kent Turbo Calcium on hand. It's a quick way to raise calcium levels.
Yeah, atm i have a bottle of red sea calcium. But doing water changes to get the calcium up for now

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe run a poly filter too.

OP
OP
ThatFishGuy

ThatFishGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: so its been 2 weeks since my last fish death and no more have died on me. I continued out that week with my 15 gallon water changes every other day and have not done one this week. so far so good.

Aliasger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am having the same issue, but not with calcium. It is with my KH. I normally use seawater and run Calcium reactor along so that my pH remains constant. i feel a little embarassed but my tank runs on 450ppm calcium and 18dkh KH. I tried to decrease Alkalinity by switching off the Calcium reactor , but as soon as it reaches 8 or 9 . I see poped eye and bacterial infection on the fish. I have a 4000 Gallon saltwater tank with parameters
pH; 8.1
kH: 18dkh
Calcium; 450ppm
Mag : 1350ppm
Nitrates: 20ppm
Nitrties: 0
Ammonia: 0
Salinity: 1.023
I had read a thread in which Randy had mentioned about not making major changes unless the fish have been doing well and its been 4 years the fish were doing great. Suddenly this happened.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back