Fish stocking ideas

Michael Price

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 92 gallon corner mixed reef tank at the moment. In a seperate tank (that will move to the 92) I currently have a pair of clowns, a yellow watchman goby, an orange spotted goby and a cardinal fish. I want an individual look to my tank. I dont want fish that everybody has. What are some fish you'd recomend? Also, really in search of a good centerpiece fish.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is around 80 G (300 L) and is not stocked as a main street aquarium. I have a lot of cardinals (Threadfins and Pyjamas), three yellow wrasse, possum wrasse, hawk anthias, Fat head Anthias, lot of different gobies and so on. I did not have a centerpiece before (maybe my fathead was one - but it is shy and not always in "show up" mode). However - I have always like the chelmon butterfly but it will grow to rather large size but after many years of hesitating - I bought one. And it is still my pride in the system. I have another home for it when it will grow out from my aquarium.

Fathead Anthias (or sunburst Anthias)

1612957045913.png

FTS

1612957126247.png

My Chelmon

1612957156100.png

Please see my build thread for more ideas

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have several fathead anthiases, they wouldn't be that shy then :)

or a pair of flame hawkfish (to be introduced as the last fish)

or a pair of multicolor angelfish (the same).

My central pieces are a speckled butterflyfish (alas, has eaten all zoas) and a huge fire clownfish

Galiant50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang police be danged, I would suggest a smaller tang. Although you may have to give it away or trade it in at a LFS a 4-6 years after you get it, I still think it's worth it.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could have several fathead anthiases, they wouldn't be that shy then
This is one of my signature fishes. During the last 12 years - I has always been it in my tanks. I have try with 1, 2 or 3 and it always end up with 1 left

Sincerely Lasse

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of my signature fishes. During the last 12 years - I has always been it in my tanks. I have try with 1, 2 or 3 and it always end up with 1 left

Sincerely Lasse
Yes, perhaps it's a lottery... My colleague has got 4 in his tank, they stay like this more or less for 2 years... but the colleague is very sparse with the number of fish in his tank, I think he' s got only few gobies in addition to anthiases, maybe that helps?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tang police be danged, I would suggest a smaller tang. Although you may have to give it away or trade it in at a LFS a 4-6 years after you get it, I still think it's worth it.
these days that could be a better investment than a stock portfolio.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a dwarf angel species that isn't as common as flame/coral beauty, like a rusty?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back