Fish Suggestions for my tank

Freshtosalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! I have a 225 gallon reef tank that has been up and running for over a year and a half. I am wanting to add some more fish to the aquarium, so I'm looking for some suggestions.

Here's all the info:
Tank Size - 72x26x24
180 gallon in display with 45 gallon Sump

pH - 8.2-8.3
dkh - 8.4 ( Hanna Checker0
Calcium - 420 (Hanna)
Magnesium - 1350 (Red Sea)
Nitrates - 7-9 ppm (Hanna Checker)
Phosphates - 0.01-0.03 (Hanna)
Salinity - 35ppt (Apex)
Temp - 78-79 (Apex)

Red Sea Gyre Wave Makers x 2
Sicce Powerheads x 2

AI Hydra 32's x 4

Weekly 10% Water Change

It's a Bare Bottom Tank, for easier maintenance, so obviously, no sand dwellers please. About 20 corals so far, all torches, hammers, and frogspawn.
Current Fish in the tank:

Yellow Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Clownfish - 2
Pajama Cardinals - 5

Everyone has been in the tank for over a year and doing well. It's a big tank so I'd like to add more fish, but not sure what to add from here. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you and happy reefing!

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your coral most large Angels out of Question except Wantanabei Angels. Nice pair. Most dwarf angels, copperband maybe a Naso. Flasher wrasse.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! I have a 225 gallon reef tank that has been up and running for over a year and a half. I am wanting to add some more fish to the aquarium, so I'm looking for some suggestions.

Here's all the info:
Tank Size - 72x26x24

pH - 8.2-8.3
Calcium - 420 (Hanna)
Salinity - 35ppt (Apex)
Temp - 78-79 (Apex)

Sicce Powerheads x 2

AI Hydra 32's x 4

Weekly 10% Water Change

It's a Bare Bottom Tank, for easier maintenance, so obviously, no sand dwellers please. About 20 corals so far, all torches, hammers, and frogspawn.

Yellow Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Clownfish - 2
Pajama Cardinals - 5

Everyone has been in the tank for over a year and doing well. It's a big tank so I'd like to add more fish, but not sure what to add from here. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you and happy reefing!

Adding a couple of different fairy wrasses would be a cool. If selected thoughtfully, different species of fairy wrasses can be happy and healthy and coexist.

Lots of color, and very active swimmers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Here's all the info:
Tank Size - 72x26x24

pH - 8.2-8.3
Calcium - 420 (Hanna)
Salinity - 35ppt (Apex)
Temp - 78-79 (Apex)

Sicce Powerheads x 2

AI Hydra 32's x 4

Weekly 10% Water Change

Yellow Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Clownfish - 2
Pajama Cardinals - 5

You have an overall quiet tank with the yellow tang and hippo may be occasionally a jerk but quickly subside.
The question would be - if you want to add more tangs, or schooling fish like anthias or angels such as dwarf - What is your goal and how much coral if any do you have as some potential fish can destroy your coral

OP
OP
Freshtosalt

Freshtosalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an overall quiet tank with the yellow tang and hippo may be occasionally a jerk but quickly subside.
The question would be - if you want to add more tangs, or schooling fish like anthias or angels such as dwarf - What is your goal and how much coral if any do you have as some potential fish can destroy your coral
Hi, as far as coral, I've got about 20 in there now, all torches, hammers, and frogspawn. They're the ones I like best because I like the movement of them, so I plan on sticking with those corals and just adding a lot more as time goes on. I don't know if I want more tangs or a school or something...or both, haha. Its hard to make decisions when there's a lot of options!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi, as far as coral, I've got about 20 in there now, all torches, hammers, and frogspawn. They're the ones I like best because I like the movement of them, so I plan on sticking with those corals and just adding a lot more as time goes on. I don't know if I want more tangs or a school or something...or both, haha. Its hard to make decisions when there's a lot of options!
You have other tangs that will be compatible as well as wrasses, pyramid butterflies, flame angel, watchmen gobies, and cardinals as examples

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watanabe female

15011.jpeg
15012.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's all the info:
Tank Size - 72x26x24

pH - 8.2-8.3
Calcium - 420 (Hanna)
Salinity - 35ppt (Apex)
Temp - 78-79 (Apex)

Sicce Powerheads x 2

AI Hydra 32's x 4

Weekly 10% Water Change

Yellow Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Hippo Tang
Clownfish - 2
Pajama Cardinals - 5

Some reef safe wrasse for color??? Or dwarf angels are super cool too, usually dont bother coral from the ones Ive had and the other reefers in my area

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%

Back