Fish that bite!!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my clown, not actively attacks me but if i let my hand sit too long gives a test nibble.

Worst biter i had was fresh water cichlids, my green terrors live up to their name. If there were eggs no maintenance was done lol.

When i owned red belly piranha they would actually school and hide on the other end of the aquarium during maintenance.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i owned red belly piranha they would actually school and hide on the other end of the aquarium during maintenance.
Lol, the one fish that you think would tear you to shreds and nothing ;Hilarious

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have experience with my female clown, she is evil and takes every chance she gets to take a chunk out of me. Just look at that evil face.
20180823_203537.jpg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns and now my niger trigger. the clone only if you get near their anemone, The trigger just thinks that anything that is put in the tank is food. even when I am taking test samples with a syringe he will come up and check it out.

OP
OP
B

blebs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My blue hippo tang. I sometimes have to rearrange corals and every time I’m close to his cave he whacks me with his tail.

He strangely leaves all other fish alone. Even when they were added after him. But I guess he sees me as a threat. And yes he draws blood.

I have a kole tang that is definitely the dominant fish in my tank, but it is scared of my hand! It has chased my starry blenny and c. cyanopleura into the overflow!

This is how i started the fish keeping hobby almost 18 years ago now. You think they would be excited but theyre quite timid, and only during feeding time is it fun. Whenever i went to the fish store and you see all the pretty saltwater fish and corals and then before you know it.......

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a female black ice clown that I've owned since 2013. She is the spawn of Satan and takes every chance she can to bite me. She even jumped out of the water once to to try to get my hand. LOL She's so mean that my 3-year-old son named her "Bad Guy Fish." ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

NewbieReefer11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is the most evil and frustrating fish. She is a Clarkii clownfish and she is pretty dang big. He decided this morning to move my week old clams from their frag rack to the other side of the tank. His bite is amazingly strong and painful. I have to use a net to keep any new arrivals safe from him (coral and fish) until they are placed or have time to hid of the tank. Other wise coral get picked up and dropped on the other side of the tank. Any feeder fish for my lion get bitten and killed then transported to their anemone. If i had a bigger sump she would already be there.[emoji35]
1528524280269.jpeg

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair of azure damsels like to have a go but they are normally protecting eggs. My dot dash blenny also has a nibble when it gets the chance.

When I ran a shop we had a cinnamon clown who was donated and ended up in a 8ft coral tray simply because it was the grumpiest fish I've ever met. It had an anemone and would swim the entire length of the tank to protect it everytime you put your hand in the tank.
I put a sign up telling people not to put their hands in the tank but you could hear when they didn't follow that advice:D

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Clownfish is pure evil. Other fish near his anemone no problem. My hand four foot away other end of tank and zoooom kamikaze in action.
Not only does he hate my hand he also hates sand and is piling it up like a powehead gone awry near anemone.

kirstyflash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like female clowns are the evil ones...but not mine. She is beautiful. When we got them home I was able to catch them by hand and put them in the tank. Her beau however is the one to watch. Little ****...who is not much bigger than 1&1/2 inches...has sharp little teeth. He protects his nems and his woman. It’s no so much painful but more of a shock. He keeps going you until you remove your hand and I had him jump out the water at my hand too. He is like the godfather. Nothing happens in the tank without his say so

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back