Fish transfer help

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 150 gallon and transferring everything from my 60 gallon over.

I am getting a blue tang and a fox-face from a local reefer that is breaking down a tank. Can I keep those two in my 60 gallon for a few weeks until I can transfer them over?

current stock is

2 clowns
1 bristle tooth tang
1 flasher wrasse
1 fire fish

OP
OP
Reefn34

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe - depends on the size of your existing/new fish.
The one clown is large, everything else is small, I can keep up with the bio load by doing more water changes

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one clown is large, everything else is small, I can keep up with the bio load by doing more water changes
"Large" can be somewhat subjective. I have two "large" 6-inch+ angelfish, 3 "average" 4-inch+ tangs and a "extra-large" 7-8" parrotfish. It's not just the bio load - it's how the new fish may interact with the other fish with respect to territorial issues, etc. I'll stick with my original answer of "maybe". You may want to invest in a cheap $1 mirror that you can hang off the side of the tank in case aggression develops.

OP
OP
Reefn34

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Large" can be somewhat subjective. I have two "large" 6-inch+ angelfish, 3 "average" 4-inch+ tangs and a "extra-large" 7-8" parrotfish. It's not just the bio load - it's how the new fish may interact with the other fish with respect to territorial issues, etc. I'll stick with my original answer of "maybe". You may want to invest in a cheap $1 mirror that you can hang off the side of the tank in case aggression develops.
Okay I will do that for sure, and it’s large for a clown. I’ve seen the mirror idea work so I will for sure do that

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back