Fish transfer help

Reefn34

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
45
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 150 gallon and transferring everything from my 60 gallon over.

I am getting a blue tang and a fox-face from a local reefer that is breaking down a tank. Can I keep those two in my 60 gallon for a few weeks until I can transfer them over?

current stock is

2 clowns
1 bristle tooth tang
1 flasher wrasse
1 fire fish
 
Maybe - depends on the size of your existing/new fish.
The one clown is large, everything else is small, I can keep up with the bio load by doing more water changes
 
The one clown is large, everything else is small, I can keep up with the bio load by doing more water changes
"Large" can be somewhat subjective. I have two "large" 6-inch+ angelfish, 3 "average" 4-inch+ tangs and a "extra-large" 7-8" parrotfish. It's not just the bio load - it's how the new fish may interact with the other fish with respect to territorial issues, etc. I'll stick with my original answer of "maybe". You may want to invest in a cheap $1 mirror that you can hang off the side of the tank in case aggression develops.
 
"Large" can be somewhat subjective. I have two "large" 6-inch+ angelfish, 3 "average" 4-inch+ tangs and a "extra-large" 7-8" parrotfish. It's not just the bio load - it's how the new fish may interact with the other fish with respect to territorial issues, etc. I'll stick with my original answer of "maybe". You may want to invest in a cheap $1 mirror that you can hang off the side of the tank in case aggression develops.
Okay I will do that for sure, and it’s large for a clown. I’ve seen the mirror idea work so I will for sure do that
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new