OP
OP
kenziejlooft

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question even if some of the fish don’t appear to have ick should I just treat all the fish in the tank or the ones that don’t look like they have it leave them

Speaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't treat them all, the untreated ones could still have the parasites in their gills even if they don't show symptoms and re infect your treated fish when you add them back. The dt will also still have ich if you do not remove all the fish and do the 76 day fallow period.

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t treat copper in your tank. Not sure if you misread the earlier posts others wrote to you but they were saying take all your fish out and treat them in a separate quarantine tank. This has to be done for over 70+ days before you put them back in otherwise you will allow the ich to survive and it will still be in your tank for future potential outbreaks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I believe we have velvet here.
I would go with Polyp Lab Medic which treat an array of protozoan issues including ich, crypto, velvet and more and reef safe

Mrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also for some who cannot take all the fish out (not sure how many corals you have, etc) where it is not too bad they manage with it. They focus on boosting the fishes immune system with a healthy diet or sometimes selcon to food, etc.

Best option is what others have posted prior. But there are apparently a lot of people who have ich and just deal with it with but everyone has different abilities and experiences.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand your concerns. Copper can be scary at the beginning, but it’s what needs to be done. You would feel similar if you had to go to the hospital for lifesaving surgery. You’d still go...

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Poly lab medic does not list any active ingredients. That sounds so very extremely ripoff wrong.
I used it more than once with excellent results.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That may be correct, but it needs more than one good experience to create evidence. And again, if you had pneumonia, what would you want? A proven antibiotic, or something that one patient had good experience with?
That may be correct, but it needs more than one good experience to create evidence. And again, if you had pneumonia, what would you want? A proven antibiotic, or something that one patient had good experience with?
Maybe 8 others who I told about product ( they had velvet and ich situations) and beat it. Stuff works !

OP
OP
kenziejlooft

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
Don’t treat copper in your tank. Not sure if you misread the earlier posts others wrote to you but they were saying take all your fish out and treat them in a separate quarantine tank. This has to be done for over 70+ days before you put them back in otherwise you will allow the ich to survive and it will still be in your tank for future potential outbreaks.
am not I set up a 29g qt tank

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kick ick, Ick X, IckBGon, will not fix anything.
I’d stick with the tried and true methods which are 3.
Copper based, hypo salinity, or two tank method.
Ick is considered to be a slower killer as fish death is counterproductive to its life cycle and its population.

Your DT goes without fish for 70ish days, this will ensure you eradicate them from your DT, by depriving them of the one thing they must have to survive....fish.
+1

corey904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a blue powder tang and I put it in my tank and I saw it had ick and now pretty much all my fish have ick will Ick-x cure the ick how long can they live with ick
I would recommend using polyp lab medic it’s a reef safe product that Works very well I’m currently using it to cure ich in my tank and I’ve heard many successful stories about it from the web and my lfs

OP
OP
kenziejlooft

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe we have velvet here.
I would go with Polyp Lab Medic which treat an array of protozoan issues including ich, crypto, velvet and more and reef safe
I think it is too because my cow fish had many dots get on him in just one day my quarantine tank is almost set up using ro/di water it takes forever

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I think it is too because my cow fish had many dots get on him in just one day my quarantine tank is almost set up using ro/di water it takes forever
Cows notorious for catching ich.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kenziejlooft

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cows notorious for ich.
I know :( he got it from my tang because my qt tank wasent ready so I put him in my dt and noticed a couple days later that he had ick or velvet and now all my fish have it my puffers started scratching themselves :( thanks for the answers qt tank almost ready :)

OP
OP
kenziejlooft

kenziejlooft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will die, and future fish as well, if you do anything other than fallow this tank, treat the fish, put back clean, and only insert fallowed hardscapes for the life of the reef. no doser, no food, no UV will help you skirt this. fish=die see the fish disease forum

on the top, under most important stickies for saving fish, what's listed is fallow and qt approaches. not bottled items or meds in tank, without running the full fallow companion mode.
So don’t feed the corals or sea urchin?? For 70 days I have pepper mint shrimp too

Back