Fish you will never keep... Nope Fish

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PJ Cardinals or any other cardinal . They just sit in The water Column and exist and have zero personality. I’ll save the space for more entertaining fish.

Hit or miss. I have a pair of two different kinds and one hides a bit, two are in the open, one comes to the glass when I am in the room.

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit or miss. I have a pair of two different kinds and one hides a bit, two are in the open, one comes to the glass when I am in the room.

I deny your reality and insert my own.
But when it comes up to the glass it just sits there like a freak of nature defying physics almost not looking real? Right? Like those porcelain dolls that always seem to watch you.

smacbride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 6 line wrasse for years and it was a lovely fish. Never had any issues with it. I guess they are hit and miss.

I have a pair of Bangaii cardinals and they have unique personalities and are also beautiful with their black and white dots, especially under blue lights. They are my new favorites.

Also don’t understand the hate for clowns, mine are like family!

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bullet goby... only because he is about 5+ inches and is a terror to any other type of goby/sand sifter despite being in 10’ x 3’ tank with lots of sand etc. he has killed several gobies or starved them out because he wouldn’t let them out to feed. Can’t catch him in my tank.
Also Fiji blue devil damsel... like the name, it really is a terror. Had a few years ago in a 90 gallon and first they killed each other until one was left... then it decided to terrorize everything else in the tank including fish more than twice it’s size.
Also like the looks of powder blue, clown and achilles tang but hear about all the terror stories. Once in my tank is very hard to catch and can’t exactly drain 650 gallons and remove rocks weighing 40-60 lbs each to catch anything.
I have both an Achilles and powder blue. Proper QT and they are tanks. Achilles lived thru a house fire.

IMG_20200921_180642009.jpg IMG_20200921_180645064.jpg

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the obvious predators that require a species only tank, my nope fish are anything that requires feeding multiple times a day (e.g. Anthias). Thats just crazy. It still blows my mind a little bit there are people who find time to do this.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ONE fish that I will never spend money on is the Conspicuous Angel. My wife and I are both artists and we just don't understand what the hype is for this fish? it is both overpriced and very underwhelming in appearance. I would probably pay $80 tops for this fish based on appearance, but not with anymore zeros tacked onto the price tag.
Conspicuous-Angel-reefs.jpg

I mean let's be honest, for a fraction of the price you get something 10X more beautiful in almost any other pomacanthus fish.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ONE fish that I will never spend money on is the Conspicuous Angel. My wife and I are both artists and we just don't understand what the hype is for this fish? it is both overpriced and very underwhelming in appearance. I would probably pay $80 tops for this fish based on appearance, but not with anymore zeros tacked onto the price tag.

I mean let's be honest, for a fraction of the price you get something 10X more beautiful in almost any other pomacanthus fish.

I had one in the 90's... paid 400 from Quality Marine

Great fish, durable and active.

Regarding the price and such things...

The Imperator is arguably a prettier fish, but is endemic to most ALL Indo-Pacific collection grounds.

This fish comes from a tiny area... and they aren't super "common" there either.

It's about being a "collector".

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I find them to be quite attractive with the white outline against the black and tan fading body, which appears to have blue highlights. The royal blue outline to the yellow mask with the white lips, just nothing looks like it, while most other large angels are gaudily coloured its took simple colours and turned them into something immaculate imo , and i think it lives up to its name and price as such. But i guess beautys in the eye of the beholder and i can see why others may find it unattractive compared to other angels.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I feel quite the opposite. Seeing them in person, there's something unique and intangible about Conspics that sets them apart from other large Pomacanthids, for me. Be it personality, or just an odd quizzicality to their demeanor. Yes, they have a relatively simple look compared to others, but they wear it strikingly well (especially when they're fed for color)!

I also love Masked angels, which, if you think about it, look similar, but are 3-4x as much!

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the obvious predators that require a species only tank, my nope fish are anything that requires feeding multiple times a day (e.g. Anthias). Thats just crazy. It still blows my mind a little bit there are people who find time to do this.

I think most people use auto-feeders.

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a valentini puffer that I loved with all my heart. Puffy mcpufferton had a great personality and was so entertaining with his cute little fins. The problem was I also really love inverts. Despite feeding this guy a diet of clams in the shell, krill, shrimp and various other goodies, he decimated my invert friends. One day I was looking in the tank I saw him slurping down a serpent star leg like it was spaghetti. I was sad when he died but then happy I could have crawly critters again.

Lollipop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers, even reef safe puffers. Had a valentini for many years and needing to knock it out to trim its teeth every 6 months just became tedious.
those are cutest things in the sea but... attacks all snails etc and then dental surgery? no thanks

Lollipop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt feed my anthias multiple times. just once a day like everyone else. they died by jumping out one by one. kept adding to have a group then i gave up eventually.

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The evil neon dottyback, can't wait until mine dies.
Interestingly, my royal dottyback is best friends with my (femal?) clown, they will swim around and all eat together no issues, the aggression in my tank is the female clown bullying the male. But the dottyback will sometimes just knock over hermit crabs for a laugh.

Back