Fished dying overnight help!

nkxyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea whats happening but my fishes keep dying. Corals are doing well (except the duncan) and so are the tangs and inverts. Other than that the fishes keep dying like damsels. I did do water changes over the past few days changing out >25% each time hoping to turn the tides any tips?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting parameters would be a big help. Also, have you noticed the tank water being cloudy?

IME when fish start dying without any sign of disease it may be low oxygen levels, often from a bacterial bloom in the tank.

OP
OP
N

nkxyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting parameters would be a big help. Also, have you noticed the tank water being cloudy?

IME when fish start dying without any sign of disease it may be low oxygen levels, often from a bacterial bloom in the tank.
I do not have everything but this. The salinity is at 30.1 ppt

Attachments

• 20210622_140314.jpg
    20210622_140314.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 42

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a fresh water test kit? What am i looking at? You have a refractometer with calibration fluid? We will get u dialed in. Lots of helpful folks here.
D

OP
OP
N

nkxyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a fresh water test kit? What am i looking at? You have a refractometer with calibration fluid? We will get u dialed in. Lots of helpful folks here.
D
Yes it is but i should work. Does it not? And the tangs aren't aggressive at all

OP
OP
N

nkxyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a
I don't believe most test kits will work for both saltwater and freshwater tanks. I'd strongly reccomend getting some test kits or taking your water to a lfs to get it tested if that's an option
alright will do

OP
OP
N

nkxyy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe most test kits will work for both saltwater and freshwater tanks. I'd strongly reccomend getting some test kits or taking your water to a lfs to get it tested if that's an option.
alright will do thank you for the help!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if low oxygen level is the cause then adding surface agitation will help with the gas exchange in addition to the skimmer. Bacterial blooms that strip oxygen from the water is pretty common in newer tanks.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your salinity is off, tank is too small for a tang. I think i see a test strip in your pic, which is totally unreliable IMO. And this is only what we can see in your short post, there are many important details you haven't mentioned. It seems to point to lack of research before the purchase.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back