Fishless grow out system?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt you are fishless but I decided on this lazy day to rewatch your youtube video done by coralvue. One thing that was really odd to me is I did not see one fish in the large growout system throughout the course of the video. Are your fish shy? As a guy that's not afraid of nutrients I can't imagine you run a "single or minimal fish" tank and rely on NO3/PO4 dosing.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
H
I doubt you are fishless but I decided on this lazy day to rewatch your youtube video done by coralvue. One thing that was really odd to me is I did not see one fish in the large growout system throughout the course of the video. Are your fish shy? As a guy that's not afraid of nutrients I can't imagine you run a "single or minimal fish" tank and rely on NO3/PO4 dosing.

Hi there, thanks a ton for the post! I have a lot of rabbitfish and foxface in my system. At least 4-5 per tank, I think at least 20 or more now.

And some of them are getting huge since being moved up to the larger tanks a couple of years ago now It's like I've got a few big Crappies swimming aaround in there now. I have actually nave had fish this big in all my years.

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H

Hi there, thanks a ton for the post! I have a lot of rabbitfish and foxface in my system. At least 4-5 per tank, I think at least 20 or more now.

And some of them are getting huge since being moved up to the larger tanks a couple of years ago now It's like I've got a few big Crappies swimming aaround in there now. I have actually nave had fish this big in all my years.
I figured. I guess they just weren't ready for their red carpet moment!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IME a lot of rabbitfish/foxfaces are rather skiddish especially for their size.

They have gotten really used to me and my green gloves. especially in the frag tank where i am constantly in and out of. They pay no mind when i have my hands in the tank, even swimming close enough for a gentle pet sometimes lol but when there other people up there or any sort of commotion they are gone lol

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have gotten really used to me and my green gloves. especially in the frag tank where i am constantly in and out of. They pay no mind when i have my hands in the tank, even swimming close enough for a gentle pet sometimes lol but when there other people up there or any sort of commotion they are gone lol
I'm curious are there any that you prefer for algae control or do you just get a mix and go with it?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm curius are there any that you prefer for algae control or do you just get a mix and go with it?

In the past id just get whatever rabbit/fox was on sale at live aquaria lo. So I've got a mix of all sorts of them scattered now . A couple of grandpa tangs from the old 300 gallon as well but its mostly fox/rabbits. And they are all buddies. I like to get them when they are cute and small as possible.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back