• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Fishybusiness aquatics are a lie

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a order with fishy business in early June. I gave them a nice review as far as there fish. There packaging. There communication. Etc. I posted on there forum. It’s amazing how things change once there’s a issue. They offer a free 21 day warranty on all there fish(which they have changed depending on what fish it is and how they seem fit). I thought this was great when first buying from them. I bought 5 fish from them. Few days later all fish were dead. I followed there procedure as far as doing what they wanted to qualify for warranty. On June 7th they emailed me and gave me the options of refund, reshipped or store credit. I choose to have the fish reshipped. On June 8th I received another email asking me what i wanted to do again. I choose reshipment of fish. They informed me they didn’t have 3 of the fish that I had previously ordered but they would have them that weekend when they got out of qt. Guess they never got out qt cause I heard nothing back from them. So on June 27th I sent them a email asking what was going on since it has/was 2 weeks. They first sent a email saying the fish never came in. Then 20 minutes later a lady named Jen who says she was the manager sent me a email saying they would no longer honor my warranty. Reasons being because I made a post about dealing with ammonia issues in qt tank. Now not only are they a fish store but there private investigators. They went back and decided to do research on me on our forum for whatever reason but Because I made a post they automatically assumed it was there fish I was talking about. Not knowing I have a 20 gallon, a 30 gallon qt/hospital tank. A 72 gallon and another 125 gallon tank just to house fish for my 240 gallon main tank with a 125 gallon sump and 75 gallon fuge. Jen tells me to call her if I want to discuss this further. I call her and of course right to voicemail. She sends me another email saying call her right now cause she’s answering phones. I call and of course she doesn’t answer. It may be too late and I’m banking on that’s why they took so long but I’m contacting PayPal and my credit card company with all the emails we both shared

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that we only allow comments between the OP and the vendor. This helps to keep the thread on topic and hopefully allow them to find a resolution to the issue at hand. We encourage all users to make a feedback thread detailing their experience with a company (good or bad)

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be aware that we only allow comments between the OP and the vendor. This helps to keep the thread on topic and hopefully allow them to find a resolution to the issue at hand. We encourage all users to make a feedback thread detailing their experience with a company (good or bad)
In that case wouldn’t some threads simply die because convo keeps them relevant and viewable. And no one else would be aware of community experiences without diving deep in the search function ? (Not trying to make a stink)

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case wouldn’t some threads simply die because convo keeps them relevant and viewable. And no one else would be aware of community experiences without diving deep in the search function ? (Not trying to make a stink)
We don’t feel that way. If making a purchase it’s good practice to search reviews.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don’t feel that way. If making a purchase it’s good practice to search reviews.
Just curious really. Because some feedback threads have 16-24 replies and it’s not just between customer and vendor. Depends on vendor ?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious really. Because some feedback threads have 16-24 replies and it’s not just between customer and vendor. Depends on vendor ?
No. We allow outside posts in positive feedback threads but not negative ones so that a resolution can be achieved and it’s not mob mentality. Also we don’t see every post so we rely on reported posts. Please take a minute to read the feedback forum rules.

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. We allow outside posts in positive feedback threads but not negative ones so that a resolution can be achieved and it’s not mob mentality. Also we don’t see every post so we rely on reported posts. Please take a minute to read the feedback forum rules.
Got it. Thank you for the replies.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed a order with fishy business in early June. I gave them a nice review as far as there fish. There packaging. There communication. Etc. I posted on there forum. It’s amazing how things change once there’s a issue. They offer a free 21 day warranty on all there fish(which they have changed depending on what fish it is and how they seem fit). I thought this was great when first buying from them. I bought 5 fish from them. Few days later all fish were dead. I followed there procedure as far as doing what they wanted to qualify for warranty. On June 7th they emailed me and gave me the options of refund, reshipped or store credit. I choose to have the fish reshipped. On June 8th I received another email asking me what i wanted to do again. I choose reshipment of fish. They informed me they didn’t have 3 of the fish that I had previously ordered but they would have them that weekend when they got out of qt. Guess they never got out qt cause I heard nothing back from them. So on June 27th I sent them a email asking what was going on since it has/was 2 weeks. They first sent a email saying the fish never came in. Then 20 minutes later a lady named Jen who says she was the manager sent me a email saying they would no longer honor my warranty. Reasons being because I made a post about dealing with ammonia issues in qt tank. Now not only are they a fish store but there private investigators. They went back and decided to do research on me on our forum for whatever reason but Because I made a post they automatically assumed it was there fish I was talking about. Not knowing I have a 20 gallon, a 30 gallon qt/hospital tank. A 72 gallon and another 125 gallon tank just to house fish for my 240 gallon main tank with a 125 gallon sump and 75 gallon fuge. Jen tells me to call her if I want to discuss this further. I call her and of course right to voicemail. She sends me another email saying call her right now cause she’s answering phones. I call and of course she doesn’t answer. It may be too late and I’m banking on that’s why they took so long but I’m contacting PayPal and my credit card company with all the emails we both shared

The problem here is you knew it was a quarantine issue with your tanks being too small for 3 medium pyramid butterflyfish with 125-gallon tank requirements in a single 30-gallon QT Tank and a flame angel and multi-color angel in a single 20-Gallon QT tank and having uncontrollable ammonia spikes. When we asked why you lost ALL the fish in one day you said you had no idea and that you water levels were "on point. Ammonia-0. Nitrite-0" we took you at your word, but you were not honest with us.

You ended up posting on R2R about the issues and are STILL posting about the QT problems you are having. Anyone on R2R can go back and see these posts. Had you been honest with us we would have worked with you to help you out on the next order with a discount. Our warranty specifically excludes problems with the customer tanks or the customer's ability to care for their livestock. In this case, it was putting too many fish in a QT setup not built for it. So the warranty was revoked. The fact that one of our customer service staff found your posts was just dumb luck. All of us here are in the hobby too and use R2R regularly too.

You never did call back after your email, we had our IT staff look at our phone call logs; which is why it has taken us a little while to respond. We take our customer service very seriously, it is the core of our company. I'm sorry you feel we slighted you in this, but in the end, you were not honest with us about what killed your entire order in one day. A warranty is for the loss of items when cared for properly, but do not make it.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean. Had he not posted here seeking advice. He could of just as well tossed them in a toilet with a bleach tab and made the same claim and been covered.

You are correct. It's not how we would have wanted this to turn out or how we would ever want to find out. It just turns out the username and the name on our site was VERY similar and the person who handled the warranty claim case came across the posts looking to solve a health problem with one of their fish. No one has the time to track down things like this, it was just bad luck. The real problem is that everytime someone does something like this it costs others who buy from them. It means prices go up to cover the losses. Just be honest, I think people would be surprised how far that goes with a business these days.

AquaLocker

AquaLocker.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And tbh. How many people have 120g qt tanks? We all try to do our best and at least use a 10. Better than nothing. And for This to be cited , like every tang at their warehouse has 200g of space. Anyways. This will get deleted

You bring up a great point! Like @ReefWithCare pointed out, the answer is to be patient, take your time and QT only the amount of livestock that you have room for. I am the most impatient person in the world and it kills me to wait, but after losing enough animals you just learn to slow down. The sad thing is it is the best advice you can be given and the hardest advice to take.

Using a QT tank IS important, I do applaud anyone for trying to get it right. Had this been all up front we would have really worked to help him be successful as possible. It's why we sponsor R2R, we strongly believe in the knowledge and support it provides. BTW, we do not feel attacked and I really hope this doesn't get deleted.

Maybe this will comfort you a little. Out of the thousands of orders we have filled and claims resulting out of the orders, this is the only claim that this has ever happened to and we hope it is the last.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

Just wanted to give another reminder that outside comments are discouraged when feedback is negative. The main objective here is for the OP @B-ridge and @FishyBusinessAq to resolve the matter.

Thanks for understanding!

George
Team R2R

OP
OP
B

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the fact if the matter is you are still assuming. If you look at any posts no where did I mention what fish I had or what fish tanks they were in. I said before I have multiple tanks and multiple fish but you are still assuming.
Secondly because it’s my username it means the post/thread is for me? I’m sure we all have friends or family or whatever who have questions but are not members or don’t want to be members.
Thirdly. Since you want to assume everything I assume it took you almost 3 weeks to find my posts conveniently after the time PayPal and the credit cards deem claims after there time period. Remember you at first gave me the option of refund, reshipped or store credit. I chose reshipped. Only reason I contacted you back after 2 and a 1/2 weeks was because I saw some of the fish you were supposed to reshipped back up for sale after you telling me they weren’t in stock
Lastly you refunded 3 of my fish but not the other 2. I stated before this was a great attempt at correcting a wrong and greatly appreciated it. The fish did not die after me having them 1 day. Had them for over a week. Then 2 of the fish died one day. Then the other 3 the next day. Both groups in separate tanks.
So please stop trying to mislead the people. We can all go back and read the posts. If you look or wanna do more research you can see where you changed your story multiple times.
I’m not here to discredit you or negatively shame you. I wrote a positive post on your fish and shipping and etc. and I would still encourage people to buy from fishybusiness and hopefully not encounter the headaches I had/did when trying to seek my warranty. If I order from you guys again I will just simply not pay the extra money for the warranty since it’s a waste and I could save money. This is just my opinion. Not saying everyone should do this.
If you wanna make things right and show the people your doing the right thing resend my multicolor and flame like you promised. Your only going on assumptions. Nothing is proven on either end. It’s funny your a aquatics business but you claim one of your workers was surfing the posts and just mistakenly came about my post. If you own a business and your hobbyist you would already know the answers to everything or would be someone in your place of business that could help. And if you were truly about the people why wouldn’t you respond back with your knowledge and help instead of keeping it to yourself and then falsely reporting it?
I am done with this thread. Negative feedback is positive feedback. It all helps us grow and learn. Especially as a business. So no need to keep having the moderators delete my posts and others posts supporting me. Now please don’t say this isn’t happening cause this is the 5th time someone has supported me and said something but there post have been deleted and moderators issue the warning.
Thank you and I hope you continue great success with your business. I look forward to doing business with you in the future possibly and hopefully a different outcome

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back