Flame Angel Question - never kept one

Murdock_Magoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just picked up a Flame Angel recently. It was teh last introduced into the tank. I have 2 clown, Pearly Jaw, and a baby long nose hawk in there. When i got the Flame it looked dead. wasnt moving, laying on its side. so after acclimating from the shipping, i left in the hang on side QT/breeder box i use. It just laid there on its side just breathing.

Finally this AM it was up swimming through the box. Looking all perky. So i let sit for 3 hours more to make sure it was up and moving after that. Of course still flipping around the entire time, so I was ready to move to my main. within 4-5 min of going into my main, it was laying on the sand bed in the corner. acting the same as previous.

Am i doing something wrong? the QT tank is filtering direct from teh sump so its the same exact water coming from the tank. Any thoughts, suggestions would be helpful.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is your water temperature
Salinity
Ammonia
Ph ?

what test kits are you using ?
Age of tank?
How did you do acclimation?

OP
OP
M

Murdock_Magoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water temp is set to go between 76.5-78 with the inkbird
Salinity is 1.025
Ammonia is 0/Nitrite 0/Nitrate 0
dKH is 10
Ph 8.2

I keep an API test kit for manual review. Neptune set up as well, refractor check. Had LFS test water 3 days ago to make sure its calibrated. Tank has been up for 3 months. Drip acclimation. All other fish are doing well.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't normal behavior, even for a new dwarf angel. Nothing you can really do at this point, besides wait and observe.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back