Flame Angel

TaylorJerome

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a new flame angel arriving today and from what I read they are terrible with treatments. Is there anything I can order to have on hand in case I need to treat during observation in my hospital tank? And reccomendations on new flame angel quarantine? I have copper, seachem focus and general cure at the moment but am open to whatever I need to do to make this guy a success.

Thank you!
 
The quarantine protocol used most widely on here is detailed in this link:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/Best treatment plan is 30 days of copper and 2 treatments of prazi.
I’ve put coral beauties and a flameback through this with no problems.

Ideally, use coppersafe or copper power instead of cupramine.
 
And there are those of us that do observation only and medicate only when/if illness is observed. It's a personal decision.
I think I'm gunna do this. Observe and treat only if needed. But if needed, I want to know what to do. Just being proactive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new