flasher wrasse

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by ReefJCB, Jan 20, 2018.

1. ReefJCB

ReefJCB Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I've had this flasher wrasse in QT for 4 days now. I haven't added anything for treatment. Ammonia is at 0. He's got a white protruding "crown" on his head that I didn't notice when I placed him in. Any ideas as to what this is?

He had a pretty stressful transit, got caught in weather and was stuck for an extra 24 hours for delivery (almost 48 hours total). He's been eating well since I placed him in, but has been "laying" on the ground and inside the PVC pipes.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2377.JPG

IMG_2376.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

2. Big G

Big G Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

4FordFamily likes this.
  3. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I’m betting in an infection, due to some sort of injury. That doesn’t look like lymph, and unless it was early in the morning and the area has since gone (mucous cocoon residue), I’m going with an infection.

An acriflavin bath, followed by kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 for 10-14 days would be best practice for this. I’d do this as soon as possible, as infections can take a while to heal in fish.

melypr1985 and Big G like this.
  4. Humblefish

Humblefish Dr. Fish Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Louisiana Reef Club Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Do you have a lid on the tank he might have jumped and bumped his head into?

melypr1985, Jose Mayo and 4FordFamily like this.
  5. ReefJCB

ReefJCB Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I do have a lid, it doesn’t fit all the way with the HOB filter so the corners are accessible. So that is a possibility.

Jose Mayo, Humblefish and 4FordFamily like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted