flasher wrasse

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
812
Location
Arizona
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this flasher wrasse in QT for 4 days now. I haven't added anything for treatment. Ammonia is at 0. He's got a white protruding "crown" on his head that I didn't notice when I placed him in. Any ideas as to what this is?

He had a pretty stressful transit, got caught in weather and was stuck for an extra 24 hours for delivery (almost 48 hours total). He's been eating well since I placed him in, but has been "laying" on the ground and inside the PVC pipes.

Any ideas as to what this might be?

IMG_2378.JPG


IMG_2377.JPG


IMG_2376.JPG


IMG_2379.JPG
 
I’m betting in an infection, due to some sort of injury. That doesn’t look like lymph, and unless it was early in the morning and the area has since gone (mucous cocoon residue), I’m going with an infection.

An acriflavin bath, followed by kanaplex, metroplex, and furan 2 for 10-14 days would be best practice for this. I’d do this as soon as possible, as infections can take a while to heal in fish.
 
Do you have a lid on the tank he might have jumped and bumped his head into?
I do have a lid, it doesn’t fit all the way with the HOB filter so the corners are accessible. So that is a possibility.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new