Flashing LEDs this morning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came downstairs early this morning and noticed my LED strips (Reef Brite) were flashing on and off every 3 seconds or so. Never noticed this and wondering if there is a setting or bug that could cause this. The reef brite XHOs are configured via the GHL dimming module and work correctly other than this flashing.The moon light was still on, and the touch showed correctly that the XHO's should have been off, showing 0%. Was to cyclic to simulate thunderstorms but I will check. These LEDs are the only dimming lights I have. Any ideas on what to check? JP

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be related to the 1-10V instead of 0-10V control on the P4? I setup a timer to keep the LED's off until they start up at 10% thinking that would be closer to 1V. I will check the rest of the week and see if it's flickering before hitting the 10% intensity. JP

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can alter the 1-10 V to 0-10 V if you want in the system - 1-10 V - L channel In the menu window you have min and max.

Sincerely Lasse

Thanks for the suggestion Lasse. I will make the change and see if that does the trick. Wasn’t aware I could change that. JP

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set the 1-10V options in the P4 to be 0-10V. Then I noticed the LEDs flickering just before they shut off and were set for 5% intensity. I know have them set for 10% turn on and shut down intensity and set timers so they never get below 10% when they power on and off. I will bring this up to Tullio and GHL while at MACNA this year. Not sure who's issue it is. JP

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This can be an issue of the drivers that is used by your LED. I have understand that is very difficult to design a driver that use 0-10 or 1-10 that have a good dimming the last percent. There is a solution from GHL that shouts down your driver close to zero %. I used that for some DIY LED´s with 1-10 V dimming

Sincerely Lasse

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back