Flatworm I.D. please? (Clear pics provided)

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2021
Messages
441
Reaction score
333
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Like many others, I was looking around my tank walls in search for pods. I found many, along with these flatworms. The flatworms seem to mostly hang out in the front glass and i've seen a couple crawling around rocks. Will they eventually start crawling on my corals and messing with them? good guys or bad guys/ neutral? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I have dosed flatworm exit twice within 4-5 months and they seem to be coming back again

_MG_1499.JPG _MG_1505.JPG _MG_1528.JPG _MG_1542.JPG _MG_1546.JPG _MG_1556.JPG
 
Hello. Like many others, I was looking around my tank walls in search for pods. I found many, along with these flatworms. The flatworms seem to mostly hang out in the front glass and i've seen a couple crawling around rocks. Will they eventually start crawling on my corals and messing with them? good guys or bad guys/ neutral? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I have dosed flatworm exit twice within 4-5 months and they seem to be coming back again

_MG_1499.JPG _MG_1505.JPG _MG_1528.JPG _MG_1542.JPG _MG_1546.JPG _MG_1556.JPG
i had these! acoel. they decimated my pod population:////

i got a blue velvet nudibranch bc there’s no way in hell i could siphon out every single body with the salifert method (and it doesn’t kill the eggs) (and it’s a race against time and toxicity). the bvn cleared my acoel population within a month (he tripled in size). i run activated carbon to absorb the toxins he secretes and it has worked perfectly. as a juvenile they have no ability to tolerate moderate flow but now that he’s grown he hunts in higher flow areas.

i would like to find some reef keepers that have acoel populations to lend my bvn out to now that i can’t feed him. let me know !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new