Flatworm I.D. please? (Clear pics provided)

christianscorals

Water Bender
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Like many others, I was looking around my tank walls in search for pods. I found many, along with these flatworms. The flatworms seem to mostly hang out in the front glass and i've seen a couple crawling around rocks. Will they eventually start crawling on my corals and messing with them? good guys or bad guys/ neutral? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I have dosed flatworm exit twice within 4-5 months and they seem to be coming back again

_MG_1499.JPG _MG_1505.JPG _MG_1528.JPG _MG_1542.JPG _MG_1546.JPG _MG_1556.JPG

catiebartholomew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Like many others, I was looking around my tank walls in search for pods. I found many, along with these flatworms. The flatworms seem to mostly hang out in the front glass and i've seen a couple crawling around rocks. Will they eventually start crawling on my corals and messing with them? good guys or bad guys/ neutral? Thanks for any help.

P.S. I have dosed flatworm exit twice within 4-5 months and they seem to be coming back again

_MG_1499.JPG _MG_1505.JPG _MG_1528.JPG _MG_1542.JPG _MG_1546.JPG _MG_1556.JPG
i had these! acoel. they decimated my pod population:////

i got a blue velvet nudibranch bc there’s no way in hell i could siphon out every single body with the salifert method (and it doesn’t kill the eggs) (and it’s a race against time and toxicity). the bvn cleared my acoel population within a month (he tripled in size). i run activated carbon to absorb the toxins he secretes and it has worked perfectly. as a juvenile they have no ability to tolerate moderate flow but now that he’s grown he hunts in higher flow areas.

i would like to find some reef keepers that have acoel populations to lend my bvn out to now that i can’t feed him. let me know !

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back