Flatworm Predators

Jeremy K.A.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a 5 gallon reef setup and have some small brown flatworms. I don't have a ton so I'm looking for something, preferably an invert, that can live comfortably in the tank and help control or eradicate the flatworms. Any suggestions?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 5 gallons nope, maybe hermits. Siphon them out, do not feed the tank and try a blackout.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do flatworm x every time I see a few of them but you have many that you dont know about the toxins can nuke your tank.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy 1 package of flatworm exit and mix up 10 gallons of saltwater - with similar parameters to your nano reef.

Overdose the flatworm exit, change 90-100% of the water dose the flatworm exit again and change 90-100% of the water. If you do this twice over 2 weeks or so I can almost garuntee it will eliminate the flatworms and you won't have to a) look for a flatworm eating nudi b) condemn it to starvation just a few weeks later. Besides the fact it will quickly starve to death you have to be real lucky to use a predator that only eats one thing and have it actually find and eat every single one before it starves to death.

Back